W3C

- DRAFT -

WebID Incubator Group Teleconference

07 Feb 2011

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
+1.510.931.aaaa, +3539149aabb, mhausenblas, bblfish, +1.805.416.aacc, domel, +39.011.228.aadd, claudio, +44.114.222.aaee, gburel, +1.781.866.aaff, PeterW, scor, +1.760.705.aagg, gaedke, webr3, csarven, +49.724.720.aahh, osacco, yngve, bheitman, +33.9.51.77.aaii, pchampin, +1.574.277.aajj, jeffsayre
Regrets
Chair
Henry
Scribe
mhausenblas

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 07 February 2011

http://www.w3.org/2011/01/25-webid-minutes.html

<bblfish> thanks

<scor> me

<scor> thanks

<gaedke> Hi

<gaedke> Hi

<scor> Zakim: mute scor

<gaedke> Ok, will try another phone line

<bblfish> hi all

<scribe> scribenick: mhausenblas

<gaedke> Hi

<bblfish> perfect

Admin

PROPOSAL: Accept minute from last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/01/25-webid-minutes.html

<webr3> +1

<bblfish> +1

<gburel> +1

<csarven> +1

<domel> +1

RESOLUTION: Accept minute from last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/01/25-webid-minutes.html

bblfish: are people happy with the time slot?

<bblfish> ack

<yngve> \me is OK with the slot

<webr3> for anyone who wants more info about processes etc, see http://www.w3.org/Guide/ (auth required, iirc)

Michael: bi-weekly is fine

<gaedke> bi-weekly fine with me

bblfish: Ok, then let's do it bi-weekly

Introduction

<scor> I thin peterw wanted to remain muted

bblfish: I think there are still few Invited Experts pending

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/

<bblfish> domel introduces himself

<bblfish> people who are not on that list but think they should be, let me know

<domel> University of Bialystok http://www.uwb.edu.pl/lang.php?lang=eng

<domel> homepage http://domel.bgul.org/

<bblfish> ack

<domel> interested in triplestores, authorization, authentication, semi-structured data and RDF serializations

<domel> work on REST framework for access to document-triplestores

gburel: I'm Greg from Sheffied

<webr3> mhausenblas, ack re regrets+ - just thought you may want to do it in logs

Deliverables

<gburel> Gregoire burel, I am a Research Assistant ant the University of SHeffield

bblfish: we have quite some traffic on the list, hope it's not overwhelming for people

<gburel> ... Working on personnal intelligence in FP7 project WeKnowiT

bblfish: see deliverables at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Main_Page#Deliverables

<gburel> ... Developping a WebID implementation called AsterID

bblfish: we have three focused deliverables

<gburel> ... WEbiD interrests include authorization and delegation

bblfish: a Use Case deliverable, an implementation report and the final report

<gburel> http://pulsar.dcs.shef.ac.uk/asterid (the server down at the moment)

Michael: would be great if we have people who commit to writing/driving deliverables

bblfish: test cases are very important
... we have to be careful what we can do in the XG in terms of available time
... related things include write-up about X500 history

<claudio> I am interested in contributing to Use Cases and Requirements doc

<webr3> I'm happy to drive use-cases

<webr3> (and contrib)

Michael: I'm also for the UC

<domel> i am also interested in use cases

<gburel> Same, UC :)

<csarven> I think we all want that ;)

<csarven> Which is good!

<webr3> ACTION Nathan to create draft doc for use cases

<trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Create draft doc for use cases [on Nathan Rixham - due 2011-02-14].

bblfish: ok, great, UC seem to be covered
... anyone up for the test cases?

<webr3>

<scor> I'm volunteering for implementation

<gaedke> me too

<scor> yes

<scor> and pestering people to keep that table up to date

<bblfish> ACTION: stephane create draft for Implementation report. space on wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - stephane

<scor> bblfish: use scor

<bblfish> ACTION: scor create draft for Implementation report. space on wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-8 - Create draft for Implementation report. space on wiki [on St├ęphane Corlosquet - due 2011-02-14].

bblfish: well, we can start the TC and sync with the spec

<webr3> we could do integration tests with javascript on the client side, but we can't test specifics of the protocols in that way..

<scor> for TC, wouldn't selenium work?

<webr3> selenium rc == integrationtests from client side

<scor> Web App testing system

<scor> http://seleniumhq.org/

<scor> though I think it's Firefox only

<bblfish> ACTION: bblfish to explore test case options [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-9 - Explore test case options [on Henry Story - due 2011-02-14].

bblfish: there are many issues, indeed http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues
... anyone from Opera here?

yngve: yes
... ATM I'm working into it, so can't really tell in detail
... but I think what we need is a spec with usability in mind

bblfish: yes, there must be a layer for the 'browser usability'

<bblfish> security context wg?

yngve: the closest thing I can think of is Web Security Context WG

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/

Michael: notes the WG has been closed with last year

yngve: also, how much user interaction is required

bblfish: what we can do is put some suggestions on the Wiki
... there are a couple of places (blog posts, etc.) where things are partially described

<webr3> yngve, do you feel we need a technical protocol spec /or/ an abstract protocol flow spec + options and ui considerations?

yngve: not yet time to look into it

<bblfish> issue http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/14

yngve: ok, will take a look at that
... which other browser vendors have joined?

bblfish: for now, Opera - note that we're ATM rather Europe-centric, need to extend that

yngve: have contacts for Mozilla

(scribe didn't catch the names)

<domel> I also have contacts for Mozilla

yngve: there might also be some people from Apple interested, will let you know

AOB

<bblfish> acl gaedke

gaedke: regarding electronic IDs, there is something going on in Germany
... also in other countries ongoing

<webr3> like the US too

<gaedke> http://www.epass.de/

bblfish: also a good read is Bruce Schneier re security

<yngve> http://www.schneier.com/

<bblfish> Schneier Bruce "Secrets and Lies"

<scor> bruce schneier

<gaedke> http://www.personalausweisportal.de/

<scor> s/Bruce Sneier/Bruce Schneier

<gaedke> The new e ID deals with certificates and PKI

<webr3> wonders: prioritise issues, or vote for importance on them so we can discuss?

<scor> gaedke: I think it's worth bringing it up on the mailing list

<bblfish> xsparql transform for ontologies

bblfish: we might need some other ontologies

<scor> http://code.google.com/p/neologism/

http://neologism.deri.ie/

<scor> mhausenblas: too late :D

<gaedke> scor: ok, will try to summarize the current status about it

http://vocab.deri.ie/

Michael: I'd suggest to use Neologism

bblfish: next meeting is in two weeks time (21 Feb) - we continue discussion on the mailing list
... work through issues

Michael: have to send regrets for next meeting in advance, sorry

bblfish: we have a git repo for the spec

<scor> not the only editor, Manu, Reto, Henry, Bruno has contributed a lot too!

<scor> https://github.com/webid-community/webid-spec

Michael: and also please explain how it makes it into http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/

scor: I think we want to keep the github repo?

<scor> ACTION: scor to explain how to contribute to the WebID spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-10 - Explain how to contribute to the WebID spec [on St├ęphane Corlosquet - due 2011-02-14].

<webr3> do we have hg on dev.?

yes, webr3

<scor> webr3: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID

gaedke: what about a F2F meeting?

bblfish: yes, we should organise a F2F meeting

<scribe> ACTION: mhausenb to propose F2F meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-11 - Propose F2F meeting [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2011-02-14].

jeffsayre: sorry for being late, but one suggestion for now
... we should be more specific, not use AUTH - can be either authentication or authorisation

Michael: +1

<bblfish> +q

<bblfish> +q

<webr3> +1

<bblfish> +1

<pchampin> +1

<domel> +1

<gburel> +1

<gaedke> +1

<scor> authn for authentication and authz for authorization

<scor> jeffsayre: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Main_Page

<webr3> ACTION jeff to start a wiki page detailing vocabulary of terminology for us to use in discussion

<trackbot> Created ACTION-12 - Start a wiki page detailing vocabulary of terminology for us to use in discussion [on Jeff Sayre - due 2011-02-14].

jeffsayre: great, thanks, will write up on the Wiki

[meeting adjourned]

<gaedke> bye

<gburel> bye

trackbot, end telecon

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: bblfish to explore test case options [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: mhausenb to propose F2F meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: scor create draft for Implementation report. space on wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: scor to explain how to contribute to the WebID spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: stephane create draft for Implementation report. space on wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/03/07 16:05:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/t ests/tests/
Succeeded: s/Sneier/Schneier/
FAILED: s/Bruce Sneier/Bruce Schneier/
Succeeded: s/alos/also/
Found ScribeNick: mhausenblas
Inferring Scribes: mhausenblas
Default Present: +1.510.931.aaaa, +3539149aabb, mhausenblas, bblfish, +1.805.416.aacc, domel, +39.011.228.aadd, claudio, +44.114.222.aaee, gburel, +1.781.866.aaff, PeterW, scor, +1.760.705.aagg, gaedke, webr3, csarven, +49.724.720.aahh, osacco, yngve, bheitman, +33.9.51.77.aaii, pchampin, +1.574.277.aajj, jeffsayre
Present: +1.510.931.aaaa +3539149aabb mhausenblas bblfish +1.805.416.aacc domel +39.011.228.aadd claudio +44.114.222.aaee gburel +1.781.866.aaff PeterW scor +1.760.705.aagg gaedke webr3 csarven +49.724.720.aahh osacco yngve bheitman +33.9.51.77.aaii pchampin +1.574.277.aajj jeffsayre
Regrets: Jeff
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2011Feb/0057.html
Found Date: 07 Feb 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html
People with action items: bblfish mhausenb scor stephane

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]