SVG Working Group Teleconference

07 Oct 2010

See also: IRC log


[Microsoft], ed, anthony, ChrisL, +39.537.7.aaaa, tbah, Shepazu


<trackbot> Date: 07 October 2010

<ChrisL> anthony, are you in a position to quickly turn the crank to update the test suite status?

<ChrisL> zakim +39 is tbah

<pdengler> scribeNick: pdengler

TPAC Issues

ed: ACTION: Setting up meeting with CSS Group
... Will there be a session for publicFX?

ChrisL: Yes, there will be a meeting for that task force
... No time yet established
... Will we need a phone

anthony: chance I'll be attending

ed: Will Tav be dialing in?

pdengler: what are our options for getting a phone?

ChrisL: I've asked for a regular call in phone

<ChrisL> a polycom bridge thing

ed: Got an email from Alex asking to fill out the form and asking whether or not we need a flip cord

ChrisL: I already asked for this

<ChrisL> already asked for a polycom phone and a flip chart

ChrisL: they are allocating rooms

pdengler: If I have payed have i regesitered?

ChrisL: Not necessarily

<shepazu> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#Svg

<ChrisL> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

<shepazu> http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

shepazu: that's 6 of us if Tony can make it

pdengler: (galaga sounds)

<ChrisL> zakim who is making noise?

ed: Any items that we want on the agenda for TPAC

ChrisL: Are we expected to have implementations ready by then?

ed: I wanted that as another topic
... Unless we have the report it is not going to be done at the time, and it depends upon how many tests there are

pdengler: We discussed that we wouldn't get this done mostly because we want to get the microsoft tests reviewed and the analysis about potential name chages from Microsoft for some of themn

ChrisL: I've done 'de-red-ding' (removing red)
... Which is why I was asking Anthony to run the status regen, but I am basically down to basic shapes
... I wanted to get a better handle on how we were doing

anthony: I went through the test suite to generate the XML impelementation report file and some just don't have approval

ChrisL: I think there are more now than there were yesterday

anthony: There were only 300 or so tests that had been accepted

ChrisL: last one that was run was a month ago

ed: When can we have then, the full list of tests?

ChrisL: I am 3/4 done.

pdengler: Does that include the ones Microsoft submitted?

ChrisL: No, mine was for the previous, older ones
... We should talk about the recent tests and go through those

pdengler: Last conf call we discussed Microsoft's effort to do an all-up surface review to help modularize the test suite so developers can understand the support for SVG better across impelemntations

<ChrisL> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/test_suite_status.html#

anthony: I see 408 accepted tests now

ed: I would like to have the template ready to test before TPAC

What does testing before TPAC mean?

ed: If we have some preliminary results from some implementations, we can start doing the implementation report
... we don't expect the tests that have already been accepted to change, and we can therefore test and rely on those results
... the tests that are already accepted should be tested

<shepazu> scribeNick: shepazu

pdengler: I hear what you're saying...
... there's a set of tests that we all agree on and are stable
... and doug is saying this doesn't preclude us from recategorizing them
... my question is, are we going to publish the results before the recategorization and analysis

ChrisL: depends on what you mean by publish
... we need to get a sense of where we are, to push implementations
... this will not be the final implementation report that we publish for transition from CR to PR to Rec

pdengler: so, with regard to new tests... we would like to submit a few more tests for inclusion in the implementation report

ChrisL: we are open to reviewing them

ed: I think they are nice tests, just a matter of resources

ChrisL: I've reviewed about half of the new MS tests
... of the first lot

ed: I'd like to prioritize the tests relevant to second edition

pdengler: what was the quality of the tests, ChrisL?

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0140.html

ChrisL: the first tests had some errors, but they have improved over time
... most are straightforward
... I haven't looked at the more recent batch

ed: the ones I've seen I had to adapt to the test framework, which is a pita

pdengler: that's because SVG fonts is in the template

<ChrisL> which are used for labelling text. its not needed to pass the tests

<ChrisL> i would expect the svg 2 test suite to use woff fonts

shepazu: I think we should go through some tests and report errors that make them hard to review, so microsoft can improve conformance to the template

<ed> some feedback from me on the last batch of tests: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0136.html

<pdengler> shepazu: We will push through some spot testing (Doug, Chris, maybe Tony) of recently submitted tests on Monday

<pdengler> pdengler: How about we adjust the tests based on the feedback first (the tests we submitted0

<pdengler> pdengler: If that is before Monday we will let you know

<ChrisL> nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'

<pdengler> pdengler: plan is to start spot testing on Monday

<pdengler> anthony: I am redoing status report now

<pdengler> ChrisL: on the subject of implementations, alex danilo is sending his work so I will run the tests

<pdengler> pdengler: I have some opinions on backward compat and "promoting" attributes to properties at a high level which I am still working through


<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/test_suite_status.html

<ed> think you need to install Image::Magick (via CPAN)

<anthony> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2331



<ChrisL> ISSUE-2353?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2353 -- Last Call Comment: Clarify coordinates for feImage. -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2353

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/filters.html#FilterPrimitiveSubRegion

<ed> "the default subregion is 0%,0%,100%,100%, where as a special-case the percentages are relative to the dimensions of the filter region, thus making the the default filter primitive subregion equal to the filter region."

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/filters.html#feImageElement

<anthony> Scribe: anthony

TB: The the change regarding that issue is fine

<ChrisL> issue-2339?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2339 -- Last Call Comment: definition of azimuth, elevation for feDistantLight -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2339


<shepazu> scribenick: anthony

AG: Hoping to have my investigation finished for the telcon nextweek

<ed> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/24

ED: That's the list of last call issues

CL: If people let me know when we are in good shape I'll do another update

AG: Might be worth doing an update end of next week


ED: Noticed that CSS wanted to have premultiplied values for the gradient interpolation

CL: The idea is to get around a grey effect that they didn't like
... I've made a change to CSS Color which says that transparent gives you transparent black

DS: This touches on the topic before
... where SVG has a separate opacity

CL: Means that SVG needs to deal with RGBA
... and it the just need to multiply together
... it's not too hard for us to add that
... and we already have the infrustructure to add that
... Opera already implements that

ED: FF since v3.5 IIRC has that as well

trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/10/07 21:39:01 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/I will be attending/chance I'll be attending/
Succeeded: s/408/408 accepted/
Succeeded: s/we don't expect these to change/we don't expect the tests that have already been accepted to change, and we can therefore test and rely on those results/
Succeeded: s/alexdanelo/alex danilo/
Succeeded: s/New version of FF/FF since v3.5 IIRC/
Found ScribeNick: pdengler
Found ScribeNick: shepazu
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Found ScribeNick: anthony
ScribeNicks: pdengler, shepazu, anthony
Default Present: [Microsoft], ed, anthony, ChrisL, +39.537.7.aaaa, tbah, Shepazu
Present: [Microsoft] ed anthony ChrisL +39.537.7.aaaa tbah Shepazu

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 07 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]