See also: IRC log
??P6 is me
<kerry> zakim. +61.4.097 is me
<krp> zakin, +0238059aabb is me
This is a test
<Payam> I can help
<kerry> scribenick: vhuang
<cory> calling in now
<cory> sorry i'm late
<laurent_lefort_cs> Minutes from previous meeting http://www.w3.org/2010/06/02-ssn-minutes.html
<laurent_lefort_cs> Work plan Semantic Markup http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Mark_up
No comments on Semantic Mark up.
<laurent_lefort_cs> Laurent: Can we add information saying which part of the ontology a class belongs to (e.g. like a using skos:inScheme) ?
<kerry> suggesting use a new annotation property for each "part" of the ontology -- and the annotation property may not be filled in (I'm not sure this quite makes sense)
<kerry> maybe payams is beter
<Payam> a different approach could be annotating new concepts or concepts that have been adapted from other ontologies
<Payam> and preserving namespace for concepts which are directly included from external ontolgies
<kerry> i am not comforatble with "preserving namespace"
<laurent_lefort_cs> Vote on the idea to group things together within the same OWL file:
<kerry> i don't get it either
<kerry> i think we need a worked out proposal before voting on this
<cory> what are the groups?
<Payam> question: do we need an annotation?
<laurent_lefort_cs> Michael: use the reference to the documentation page as the structuring/grouping method
<laurent_lefort_cs> Vote on Michael's proposal:
<Arthur> I like the idea to group concepts inside the owl file, but I am not sure how you would do it. (question to Laurent)
Kerry, using ontology as reference to the wiki when there is no automatic way to do it.
Payam, using RDF "seeAlso" to the wiki page.
<Payam> using kerry's proposal: RDF rdfs:comments + RDF rdf:seeAlso to refer to wiki page
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Kerry to add usage of see also in wiki page documenting annotations [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-29 - Add usage of see also in wiki page documenting annotations [on Kerry Taylor - due 2010-06-15].
<Luis_Bermudez> im here
<laurent_lefort_cs> Laurent describing the content of the two pages and the intent to identify the sub-deliverables of the Ontology work packages
<laurent_lefort_cs> Michael: Reminder that figure in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Key_Sensor_Concepts does not reflect exactly the current ontology
Luis, we should have one wiki page where all ontology linked to each other.
<laurent_lefort_cs> Discussion on how the external ontologies are related to the XG ontology: extensions/examples or mappings
Luis will capture the differences between the ontologies.
Payam, we need to define the terminalogy first then see how it aligns with other ontology.
Laurent, we need examples.
Michael, all these parts are linked together, they belong to the same ontology.
<kerry> this makes a lot of sense to me -- as long as it all stays in the same file at the end
<kerry> i think laurent is also suggesting examples in separate files -- i think we can do this too
<kerry> sorry folks -- it can wait
<laurent_lefort_cs> ISSUE-5 Separation of examples - Delivery of the SSN XG ontology and of examples in separate files
<laurent_lefort_cs> ISSUE-6 Pub. on ext. web sites - Versions of the SSN ontology published on external web sites
Payam will present group activity next at ICT summit. Please submit any issues to him.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Laurent to define the final place where the XG ontology will be delivered [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-30 - Define the final place where the XG ontology will be delivered [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-06-15].
<laurent_lefort_cs> ISSUE-7 Doc format/generation - Documentation format - Generation of documentation derived from the OWL file
<laurent_lefort_cs> OGC TC Meeting in Silver Spring Luis will be there
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/suing/using/ Succeeded: s/concetps/concepts/ FAILED: s/suing/using/ Succeeded: s/soory/sorry/ Succeeded: s/usre/sure/ Found ScribeNick: vhuang Inferring Scribes: vhuang Default Present: Payam, laurent_lefort_cs, michael, vhuang, Arthur, kerry, krp, +1.937.775.aacc, +1.202.408.aadd Present: Payam laurent_lefort_cs michael vhuang Arthur kerry krp +1.937.775.aacc +1.202.408.aadd Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-ssn/2010Jun/0008.html Got date from IRC log name: 08 Jun 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: kerry laurent WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]