See also: IRC log
<Stevef> hi all, i will not be able to attend todays meet - regrets , have a client meeting. will be back on board next week
calling in now..
<janina> agenda: this
<scribe> ScribeNick: Joshue
<Laura> Yesterday's HTML WG Minutes:
JS: Are we on hold?
MC: Kind of
CS; They will give it around a week.
<Laura> Task force discussion from yesterday's HTML WG telco:
<Laura> Maciej took an action to "Issue a Call for consensus email to the WG to approve the accessibility Task Force and testing Task Force.
<Laura> Paul Cotton took an action to "Recruit a Task Force facilitator for the HTML WG"
MC: There is an action on Janina to nominate facilitators (On Paul Cotton)
CS: I want to be the PF designee
RS: The mapping stuff should move into one thing.
MC: The TF when more stable we can chat with members and see what they think.
JS: They seem have forgotten that it is a joint TF
RS: They were looking for facilitators, I am happy to do it for either side.
MC: We need you Rich on ARIA.
CS: Who would be good on the PF side?
MC: Aria also (sic)
CS: Steve F would be good
JS: For chairing?
JS: The work of a chair is a little different, prioritising and driving it etc, not just technical details.
CS: The HTML people have seen Steve be technical, so thats good.
JS: Most of our people are engaged on critical stuff.
RS: I am worried about the spec being rushed in Oct. Its not ready.
<Stevef> I think rich would be a good chair
+1 to Rich also
<Stevef> CS: thanks for the vote of confidence, I will do it if no one else wants to
zaki, unmute me
Josh to look at 4.4. 4.7
CS: To look at 4.10 Forms
Josh to look at user interaction also
<MichaelC> close item 1
<MichaelC> for header
<MichaelC> scribe: MichaelC
This workshop is on, day before TPAC
trying to open list of who can attend
currently a small invite list, and expect participants to make presentations
think we need at least an API for players
<Joshue> That sounds very interesting!
<Laura> Silvia Pfeiffer's blog has some related info:
cs: Sean Hayes can't attend, but Philippe Le Hegaret representing Timed Text
<Joshue> I don't know if I can make it either.. but I may do. Jury currently out.
the Timed Text approach might fly
js: would like to have media accessibility move into the HTML Accessibility Task Force
Assignments updated to http://www.w3.org/2009/08/html5-spec-review
There were questions raised by Loretta
<janina> scribe: janina
michael: summary and longdesc -- already in hand ...
<MichaelC> HTML 4 on abbr attribute: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/tables.html#adef-abbr
michael: abbr in tables; different from abbr elsewhere
<MichaelC> HTML 5 on abbr attribute: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/obsolete.html#attr-tdth-abbr
cynthia: unfortunate it has the same name--is there something that replaces it? else should not be obsolete
michael: doesn't appear anything replaces it
cynthia: useful in small number
... should carry html4 text forward
... we should see how much this is used, e.g. by ssa
michael: always thought it should
be the other way--a way to indicate the longer version
... text needs cleanup regardless
cynthia: anything in aria? label?
michael: for solving html problems, there should be an html solution -- aria is a gap tech
cynthia: but mightn't it be like how we're using describedby?
cynthia: so is thee a use case
... q will be how this is different from summary?
... answer is summary is more deployed
michael: lg's next item was axis
-- suggest use scope instead
... anyone know how it is used?
rich: seems we don't know it exists
consensus seems to be let it go since we don't know what it is
lg's next 12.3 -- reqs for implementation
lg asks conforming or not? if not, why the detail explanation of behaviors?
rich: when iframes are processed for keybd nav, tab order should be doc order from outside to the first item in iframe, ... to last in iframe; then outside the iframe to the next logical element outside the iframe
michael: perhaps we need a
separate section in the spec about tab order
... use of tab=-1
michael use cases
rich: yes, we should do this
lg: asks for marque to default to off
michael: there are attribs we need to review
rich: wonder if the changes could
affect someone with epilepsy
... may need several attribs to be off by default
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Philippe/Philippe Le Hegaret/ Found ScribeNick: Joshue Found Scribe: MichaelC Inferring ScribeNick: MichaelC Found Scribe: janina Inferring ScribeNick: janina Scribes: MichaelC, janina ScribeNicks: Joshue, MichaelC, janina Default Present: Cynthia_Shelly, Janina, Joshue, Rich, Cooper Present: Cynthia_Shelly Janina Joshue Rich Cooper Got date from IRC log name: 25 Sep 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/09/25-pf-minutes.html People with action items: WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]