Media Annotations WG minutes

17 Mar 2009

See also: IRC log


Present: Véronique, Joakim, wbailer, Tobias, Wonsuk, Felix, Chris, Daniel, tmichel.
Regrets: Raphaël,Jean Pierre, Víctor.




<daniel> Joakim...are you on the phone ?

Agenda review and approval of previous minutes

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-mediaann-minutes.html

minutes are approuved.

Reminder : next call will still happen one hour in advance for non US.

Selection of scribe for next meeting

no volunteer ...

who did not scribe for long time ?

Chris volunteers because he never scribed !

Thierry is scribing today.

action items


<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open


<trackbot> Action pending

I could not understanf Felix ...

ACTION 47 still pending

<trackbot> Action pending

<fsasaki> thierry, I thought you would take AI 43 over, but maybe I misunderstood?

ACTION 54 to Veronique

<trackbot> reassigned to Véronique.

It is possible to reassigne an action

ACTION 80 posted feed back

<trackbot> Action pending

Felix: Might have more information later

<daniel> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/54 is changed to Veronique

close ACTION 82

<fsasaki> close ACTION-82

<trackbot> ACTION-82 Wey to provide mapping for itunes and quicktime closed

close ACTION-85

<trackbot> ACTION-85 Implement agreed changes in requirements document closed

close ACTION-86

<trackbot> ACTION-86 Update Excel sheet to support description of properties closed

close ACTION-87

<trackbot> ACTION-87 And Werner will look into the Google Dataset API closed

close ACTION-89

<trackbot> ACTION-89 Provide the list of all formats considered in the mapping table with the person who did the mapping, leading each sub-group closed

close ACTION-90

<trackbot> ACTION-90 Re-open the questionnaire and invite people to really respond even if they have no preferences, in order to get a quorum of responses closed

close ACTION-91

<trackbot> ACTION-91 Chase the non-responders closed

ACTION-92 does someone want to comment ?

<fsasaki> felix: I will take this over

Felix will meet someone from Adobe latter today and will report latter

Publish of mapping table as it on TR pages and comments from W3C team

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0047.html

<daniel> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/92 is tossed to Felix

Thierry: talked to W3C comm Team about publishing the excel table (in an HTML format). Ian agreed to published as is.

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0062.html

<joakim> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html

Felix: reports about Raphael's email sent today. Raphael agrees to publish with conditional remarks. Please read his email

<veroniqueM> +1 for the publication with the remarks

<tobias> I read Raphael's mail before - I agree to the comments. thus: +1

Thierry : Now, about the publication of the first draft. Felix has edited the spec with a place holder for mapping table:We will have an index with a list of formats linking to each format

Felix: Raphael would like a publication after the F2F in spain.
... we could review then the table duringt the F2F

Thierry: for each format we will have an entry with a link to an external file

Move the deadline for publication after the F2F ?

<fsasaki> +1

<wbailer> +1

<wonsuk> +1

<tobias> +1

<daniel> +1

objection for this schedule ?

<veroniqueM> +1

<veroniqueM> no objection :)

no objection !

<fsasaki> cool!

resolution: publish the first draft after the F2F

<scribe> ACTION: thierry to work on the document to include index of format linking to the proper table [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-93 - Work on the document to include an index of format linking to the proper table [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-24].

<joakim> Web AP WG http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/MediaObject/publish/

<joakim> From the Web AP WG, the media object description: how does it relates to our document ?

would it make sense to add also the interface to the mapping ?

<tobias> +1 for Wbailer; I guess it would make sense.

<chris> +1

<joakim> Will talk about this during the F2F meeting

ACTION thierry to talk about the liaison with the he Web APs WG

<trackbot> Created ACTION-94 - Talk about the liaison with the he Web APs WG [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-03-24].

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Mar/0042.html

Results of questionnaire of mapping formats

Second reopen for the questionnaire:

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/Annot-format-survey/results

Thierry explain his conclusion: see his earlier email

Let me explain how one can conclude on the 3 questions:

You take the som of the ranking of the 3 questions:

the lowest som wins:

Media RSS 2+1+3= 6

EXIF 1+5+1= 7

Youtube 4+2+4= 10

TV-Anytime 5+7+3=15

ID3 frames 5+4+7=16

MPEG-7 =8+6+2= 16

EBUCore 7+3+8= 19

<veroniqueM> I missed one part: do we need to pick up one format only to start working on? Why not the 5 selected?

Thierry: This is not a formal vote. just an indicator tool to evaluate which formats are of interest to the participants.

Felix agrees that this not a formal vote to consider as is

<veroniqueM> my question was about "Now the issues is which format do we want to retain?"

<veroniqueM> you want to focus first on only ONE format?

We also have to consider the people's implementations. This is an important info for considering formats to pick.

<tobias> agree to Joakim; the industry members are important for the group - so we should take their opinion into account.

Felix: we should ask here what people think about Itunes and QT.

Felix: let's have a poll about Itunes and QT ...

Daniel: industry members are important for our group

<veroniqueM> I have no specific opinion about whether to take into account or not Itunes and QT

Very difficult to hear Daniel ...

Daniel: should have some kind of guidelines for choosing a format
... any suggestions ?

<daniel> question: format selection is very controversial...so, we should have any guideline or criteria for the group

Felix: we have input from the questionnaire. Also the implementation of the format is an important criteria to keep it in or not

Joakim: but the WG members are not necessary the implementors

Joakim: The issue is that the QT and Itunes are not in the questionnaire. We should give them a chance

<veroniqueM> +1 to ask the group what they think about these 2 formats

<veroniqueM> but we can work on the other formats meanwhile...

Felix: We should send something to Dave Singer to say that we have nothing against QT and Itunes, but these 2 formats were not in the mapping table when the Quetionnaire was setup

ID3 and Itunes seem to overlap

Thierry: The ranking shows the interest of the participants toward these formats.

Call for reviewers on mapping formats

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_review

<chris> What is the due date for this review?

<hui> p17 hui

Veronique: should we start reviewing formats that will not be kept ?

<chris> +1 on Tobias' comment

We should review at least for the publication of the mapping table

<veroniqueM> yes, Tobias' comment makes sense, +1

Thierry: we should review all formats for publication then focus on the formats we will keep

Due date for people to put their namer as reviewer challenger : next week, for next call.


Due date for people to review the format: 2 weeks, to have input for the F2F.

Reviewing the Mapping table and discussion

<joakim> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mapping_table_090223_common.htm

<scribe> postponed to the F2F

Toy implementation

veronique sent a proposal for XMP and Dublin Core in RDF

will discuss it next week

rssagent, draft minutes

<tobias> bye

<daniel> next call is also the same timezone

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: thierry to work on the document with the proper table [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/03/19 08:10:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/latter/later/
Succeeded: s/wants /want /
Succeeded: s/Larry/someone from Adobe/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tmichel
Inferring Scribes: tmichel

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Felix P1 P17 P4 P5 Thierry VrijeUni aabb aacc aadd chris daniel fsasaki hui joakim tmichel tobias trackbot veroniqueM wbailer wonsuk
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 17 Mar 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/17-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: thierry

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.
[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]