See also: IRC log
<asir> ACTION: Toufic to own the implementation of 3565 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action01]
<scribe> scribe: toufic
next week scribe is prasad
next week chair is asir
next week chair is asir
last week's minutes are approved
TODAY - Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3560 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]
TODAY - Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3566 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]
<scribe> ACTION: asir to owm 3560 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action02]
<asir> STATUS - awaiting term extract XSL, no ETA
<prasad> AI Maryann to propose wording for http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10
STATUS - TBA by tomorrow (Thursday August 17)
confusion about which "domain" definition needs to be cleaned up
maryann: define difference between domain and domain expression
asir: difficult to define "domain"
maryann: several references to
the word "domain". need to be consistent across the
... need to be specific about "WS-Policy domain" vs just "domain"
<maryann> I tried to take a broader view of the issues we were having in the documents with our loose use of the term "domain" and "domain expression"
<maryann> however it seems that Asir took a much more narrow use of the term in one specific section
<maryann> so i need to go back and rework the proposal
<maryann> however in the discussion today on the confusion by dale, there seems to be more issues around the term domain
<maryann> maryann view of what her followon item is, is that she will rework the proposal
STATUS: Maryann to rework the proposal to be restricted to paragraph 3.4
<maryann> to be very specific in proposing ONLY the change to 3.4
<maryann> and to suggest some additional text to see if this can be at all useful in the discussion with dale
<maryann> but since toufic owns that item, he can take it or leave it
<maryann> there will be 2 things from me, the "narrow" edit
<maryann> and some additional text suggestions
plh: maryann and umit will be
working on primer next week
... not sure how it lines up with work asir and felix are doing on submitted white paper
<scribe> ACTION: asir to check in white paper by this week-end [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: editors to discuss coordination between white paper work and primer work [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action04]
STATUS: PENDING input from Norm Walsh
Norm Walsh to provide with config files next week
<prasad> see /XML/Group/xsl-query-specs/data-model/build.xml
<prasad> The above is the absolute URI to the Xsl query build.xml file that norm Walsh referrred to
<prasad> plh: it is not just getting build.xml. You need software installed also
<prasad> plh: Let us wait for Felix to return to fix-up the build.xml and make it deployable
<scribe> ACTION: W3C staff contact to automate generation of diff for WS-Policy by deploying the diffmk tool and updating he build.xml etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html#action05]
<prasad> Jars needed are: diffmk.jar and resolver.jar
<maryann> what is the white paper?
<prasad> Understanding WS-Policy whitepaper
<maryann> how does relate to the action items of the editors?
<maryann> i thought the action item for the primer included addressing this?
<maryann> is there another action item from the working group that I missed?
<asir> Editors to convert Understanding WS-Policy whitepaper to spec format [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]
<asir> STATUS - This is a BACKGROUND TASK (for Asir and Felix).
<maryann> ok thanks
<maryann> yes i believe they did, at least we presented it on the call and there were comments but no objections
<maryann> so i'm not familiar with the W3C process.....is a white paper considered a specification?
<maryann> is that a yes?
<maryann> sorry, i have to listen on this other call but I can type
<plh> so the situation is as-is:
<plh> Maryann and Umit were tasked to do an outline, and they did
<plh> Felix and Asir were tasked to do the conversion, and they about done
<maryann> well i believe we had an action to create a primer, and the outline was the first step
<plh> beyond that point, it's not clear how to proceed
<maryann> did i misunderstand the scope of that action item too? i'm still trying to learn the nuance of this process
<maryann> the action item text is not always as clear as it could be
i would imagine that after the outline, comes the body of the document
and the intent (if not the explicit instructions) is the incorporate the material from the white paper
into the primer that maryann and umit are working on
as they see fit
is that reasonable?
<maryann> is there an action i should take to ensure that umit and I are understanding our role correctly?
<maryann> can't remember how to indicate the second instance of the substitution :-)
plh: umit and maryann where
tasked to produce an outline
... next steps are up to the chairs
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/document/white paper/ Succeeded: s/discuss/editors to discuss/ Succeeded: s/files/ for WS-Policy by deploying the diffmk tool and updating he build.xml etc./ Succeeded: s/Chnage/Change/ Succeeded: s/asir: did WG approve outline/ / Succeeded: s/hond/yond/ Succeeded: s/are/our/ Found Scribe: toufic Inferring ScribeNick: toufic Present: Asir Dave Maryann Toufic Prasad plh WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting Got date from IRC log name: 16 Aug 2006 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/08/16-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html People with action items: asir contact editors staff toufic w3c WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]