See also: IRC log
<oreste> regrets, called in another meeting, I will leave a few minutes after the telecon start
<emma> Previous: 2010-09-30 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html
<emma> Scribe: Ray
<emma> scribenick: rayd
emma: Accept minutes?
<antoine> RESOLVED: To accept minutes of previous telecon: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html
emma: Minutes accepted.
emma: Meeting Friday Oct 22, joint meeting with DC architecture. There is a draft agenda, will post link.
tomB:Summary of the teleconference with DC Architecture: discussion of whether to move forward or not with dcmi model; a lot has changed since model was put forward. Looking at ways to deprecate the model and adopt the RDF abstract model. Will finalize by October 15 for the meeting on the 22nd. There will be many who show up because they are already at the DC meeting, in addition to the 16 already signed up, so if you plan to attend please sign up. There are good presentations planned for the meeting on the 22nd.We want to be able to compare and contrast the 2 different approaches. Marcia and Gordon will present. There will be a long discussion about requirement s for application profiles - one profile or several.
antoine: Is everyone happy with proposed agenda?
tomB: Program is solid now, not much time for more, focus on preparing for meeting based on agenda as proposed.
<antoine> ACTION: Any proposed changes to agenda for joint meeting with DC Architecture Forum (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010), please email TomB [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]
emma: Lots of change on the agenda,
everyone look at it. If you haven't registered and you plan to come, add your
Everyone attending should present a use case. Sunday session will be on use cases and topics.
<Abartov> so, seeing as I have only recently added my use case, should I add it to the F2F agenda in case I make it there?
<kcoyle> yes, reminder
<marcia> yes, some organization has been preparing, e.g., FAO
<antoine> my yes was to abartov :-)
emma: Should we send reminder to lists about use cases?
<kcoyle> yes, same as first time
<Zakim> pmurray, you wanted to discuss library-oriented lists
<oreste> sorry, leaving for the other meeting
pmurray: Should we add more library-oriented lists, e.g. code4lib?
<antoine> code4lib is on the list...
<antoine> ACTION: first use case call senders to send a reminder to the lists they added on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action02]
emma: On the use case notes page, review it to see if there are use cases missing. e.g. citations.
kcoyle: During discussion at face to face are we going to try to fill in gaps?
<antoine> +1 for just identifying the gaps at the F2F first
<TomB> +1 for identifying gaps - we can work on filling them during the rest of our charter
emma: Good question, not sure there will be time. We will have time after face to face to fill in gaps.
<MarkA> don't see the SURF UC (contributed at dutchsemweb-l) in the list?
<marcia> +1 for identifying gaps. Members who contributed UCs may be able to fill in more
<antoine> I plan to send them a mail later asking them to try to fill the form
<antoine> it was an interesting case in fact
<antoine> ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]
<antoine> ACTION: Karen to export spreadsheet, and Asaf to convert to wiki table [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]
<antoine> ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]
<antoine> ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about supplying additional use-cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04] [CONTINUES]
<antoine> ACTION: Alexander to create wiki page for identifying requirements [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
kcoyle: It occurs to me that we didn't ask people what gaps they see.
emma: This should go in the "Problems and Limitations" sections.
kcoyle: Do we have good enough gap analysis?
<digikim> (off topic: MarkVanAssem: SeCo won 1 hour ago the first prize in a open data competition in Finland: http://www.slideshare.net/apps4finland/apps4finland-2010-voittajat -- check slide 15; sorry partially in Finnish)
emma: We should refer gaps back to the use case owner when they are identified.
emma: It would be good if every attendee would act as an advocate for one use case. (Not a use case which the attendee has contributed, someone else's use case.)
<antoine> +1 (but I'm not here next week :-)
<pmurray> Did you say people /not/ advocate for a use case they have submitted?
<TomB> +1 - "shepherds" lead discussion of that use case...
<antoine> @pmurray: yes
<MarkA> digikim: congrats!!
<MarkA> +1 shepherds
<Abartov> We could try to identify UCs whose owners won't be at the F2F, and see if we can match volunteers to work with the owner and prepare to advocate the UC at the F2F.
<antoine> good idea, asaf
<TomB> Where should "shepherds" sign their names -- directly in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 ?
<matolat> how much time per case? Or will it be by interest?
<antoine> ACTION: participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds' by signing their names in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08]
<MarkA> shepherd = champion, proponent
<rayd>I don't think either "shepherd" or "advocate" is quite the right term, I think "presenter" is.
<emma> The shepherd should have read the UC carefully and be prepared to lead discussion. It's not about producing an analysis but to lead discussion. Everyone should read 1 or 2 UCs, in order to spread the work
<TomB> discussion leader?
<rsinger> they are also moderator
kcoyle: Do we want to do any more work elaborating on topics before f2f or leave it as is?
<marcia> I think some editing may be needed
emma: Ok to leave table as starting point.
<TomB> +1 for short names, "handles" - better than numbers...
kcoyle: Can add short name for reference.
<marcia> +1 for short names
<TomB> Karen, see http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/#Requirements for examples of short names
<antoine> ACTION: karen to add short names to the topics page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09]
<antoine> ACTION: Everyone to elaborate on topics in the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]
<michaelp> A few data sets are on the Linked Data cloud.
<marcia> +1 for a list
<rsinger> michaelp: right, but it's not comprehensive
<michaelp> Upper right hand corner.
rsinger: Is there a list of all the library linked data that exists in the wild, and if so, it should go in this wiki.
<kcoyle> there is the linked data cloud -- it has some bib data
<marcia> sections on those already there and some are experimenting
<rsinger> michaelp: that appeared in my talk
<michaelp> +1 for a list, plus some basic facts: size, SPARQL endpoint, etc.
<antoine> ACTION: ross to create a page with LLD data sets on the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action11]
<rsinger> i won't be at the f2f, anyway
emma: Technology and best practices, and Community building and outreach.... we will discuss next week