W3C | TAG | Previous: 2 Jun teleconference | Next: 16 June 2003 teleconf

Agenda for 9 June 2003 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list www-tag archive

Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (20min)

  1. Confirm Chair (SW), Scribe (IJ). Partial regrets: NW
  2. Accept minutes of 12 May teleconf? 2 Jun teleconference?
  3. Accept this agenda?
  4. Next meeting: 16 June?

2. Technical (2 hours)

2.1 Architecture document (1 hour)

The TAG expects to pick up where it left off (approximately section 3.2) and to complete its walk-through of the Arch Doc.

  1. 26 Mar 2003 Working Draft of Arch Doc:
    1. Action DC 2003/01/27: write two pages on correct and incorrect application of REST to an actual web page design. DC requests to withdraw this one.
    2. Action DO 2003/01/27: Please send writings regarding Web services to tag@w3.org. DO grants DC license to cut and paste and put into DC writing.
    3. Action DC 2003/03/17: : Write some text for interactions chapter of arch doc related to message passing, a dual of shared state. DC refers us to Conversations and State

Actions from 2 June meeting:

  1. RF to rewrite section 5. Section 5 is expected to be short.
  2. TB to rewrite section 4 based on his proposal for rewriting section 4and suggestions from the TAG from 2 Jun teleconf. (Done)
  3. CL to make available a draft finding on content/presentation.
  4. DO to update description of issue abstractComponentRefs-37
  5. SW: to continue work on and make available a draft finding related to the opacity of URIs.
  6. NW: Take a stab at proposed new 4.5, wherever it ends up.
  7. DO: Write up a couple of paragraphs on extensibility for section 4.
  8. IJ: to start incorporating detailed suggestions on Arch Doc made by the TAG (see IRC log for details)

Other resolutions related to the Architecture Document that were not strictly editorial:

  1. The TAG discussed whether to remove the underdeveloped section 5 (one piece of the "architectural tripod"). There is support for keeping a section 5, even if small, and describing the limits of the document in the intro.
  2. In the scenario of section 1.1, remove the part about fragment identifiers. In general, try to elaborate on the initial scenario throughout the document (e.g., relate to opacity, deep linking). Also, make the example URI come from a printed magazine.
  3. Subordinate section 2 under section 1, after 1.1.
  4. Remove section 6 as a toplevel section, possibly to be reused by RF in section 5.
  5. Add a references section with links to specs and Activities that have architectural impact. Add Web Services Architecture to the list in 2.2; replace the list in 2.2 with link to new references section.
  6. Instead of referring to RFC2396 from the body of the document, use '[URI]' and in the references section, talk about RFC2396 and ongoing work in RFC2396bis. The TAG prefers the language of RFC2396bis; ok for now to refer to the draft document as one whose evolution we are monitoring.
  7. The editor expects to make some changes to the note on IRIs in section 3, shifting emphasis to I18N of identifiers, with IRIs as work that we are monitoring.
  8. RF suggested that we include a "future directions" section for each piece of the tripod
  9. The editor expects to reduce the number of different domain names in the document, and to not use any others than "[x.]example.com".

Additional details and discussion are in the IRC log

2.2 Findings (30 mins)

Break

See also: findings.

Next steps for draft findings:

2.3 Issues the TAG intends to discuss (30 mins)

The TAG expects to do a walk-through of the open and pending issues in order to determine:

Then, we expect to work on issues we think we are near closing.

2.4 New issues?

2.5 Issues that have associated action items

3. Other actions


Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2003/06/09 21:26:48 $