This is the Meeting Page including Agenda for the Web Applications WG (WebApps) Web Components meeting in San Francisco CA US on Friday, June 21.
To register for this meeting, contact Dimitri Glazkov. The registration deadline is Thursday, June 20.
- Meeting Host = Google
- IRC channel = #webapps; irc.w3.org:6665
- Date = June 21 2013
- Time = See below; all times are US West Coast time zone
- Location = Google San Francisco, 345 Spear Street, San Francisco, CA
- Meeting Room = Excelsior, 4th floor (accommodates 14 people)
- Phone Conference Bridge: W3C's Zakim Bridge will be used if needed. +1.617.761.6200; see also Zakim SIP Bridge; PIN = 92323#
Documents and References
- Specification List including Publication Status
- CVS and Mercurial repositories
- Group's Work Mode
Web Components Specifications
There are currently several places where Shadow DOM and CSS interact with each other:
- The shadow tree encapsulation boundaries affect style resolution
- There are switches, such as resetStyleInheritance that provide controls of how the style is affected
- There's a new @host at-rule, which provides a way for a shadow treeto affect styling of the shadow host
- There's a new ::distributed() pseudo-element function, which provides a way for a shadow tree to affect style of the elements, distributed into insertion points
- There's a method for defining custom pseudo-elements
As real Web developers started poking around the spec and implementation, a new set of questions/ideas arose (listed in no particular order):
Let's see if we can take what we have, add what we've learned so far and see if any new better design ideas come out.
There's no set agenda, but we start at 10:30am and have the room until 3:30pm.
- Overview of Shadow DOM and CSS interactions
- Need to select distributed items
- Need to react to context
- Apply author styles
- Reset inheritance
- Composed tree
- Localized tree
- ::distributed pseudo element function
- :context pseudo selector function