This is the Meeting Page including Agenda for the Web Applications WG (WebApps) f2f meeting in Lyon France on Monday October 29 and Tuesday October 30 2012. This meeting is being held in conjunction with the W3C's annual 2012 Technical Plenary meeting week (aka simply TPAC).
- Meeting Host = W3C (as part of the TPAC 2012 Meeting Week)
- Dates = Monday and Tuesday October 29-30 2012
- Time = See below; all times are local time zone
- Location = Lyon France
- Meeting Room = Level 1 - Rhône Pasteur; Rhône 3 (A+B)
- IRC channel = #webapps; irc.w3.org:6667
- Remote participation: W3C's Zakim Teleconference Bridge will be used on an as needed basis; PIN = 2012
Pre-registration for this meeting is Mandatory via the TPAC 2012 Meeting Registration service.
For a list of registrants see WebApps' registrant list (Member-only link).
Specifications, Documents and References
- Specification List including Publication Status
- Group's Work Mode
- CVS and Mercurial repositories
Potential agenda topics. Note that none of these topics are confirmed, please feel free to add suggestions/requests.
- Specifications (alphabetical order by spec name):
- DONE: DOM 3 Events: 6-Sep-2012 Last Call comment period ended 27-Sep-2012; status of LC2 comment processing; next steps. Lead: Travis Leithead
- DONE: DOM4: Call for Editor(s) for REC track version
- DONE: Indexed Database: 24-May-2012 Last Call comment period ended 21-June-2012; status of LC comment processing; status of Test Suite; next steps;. Lead: Jonas Sicking
- DONE: Input Method Editor API next steps. Lead: Kenji Baheux
- DONE: Progress Events: need Editor(s) for REC track spec
- DONE: Push API; requested by Bryan Sullivan
- DONE Selectors API v1: status of the Implementation Report; what needs to be done to exit CR. Leads: Lachlan and Charles
- DONE: Streams API next steps; Lead: Adrian Bateman
- DONE: URL: need Editor(s) for REC track spec; WHATWG version
- DONE: Web IDL: Web IDL CR is blocking other specs from moving to REC. Web IDL Test Plan by Travis. How to complete the test suite - Volunteers needed! Lead: Travis Leithead
- DONE: XHR: what needs to be done to get a version ready for Last Call; Leads: Hallvord Steen, Jungkee Song, Julian Aubourg
- DONE: Blob support for Zip file contents; proposed by Paul Bakaus
- DONE: Offline storage, AppCache, App Manifests, etc.
- DONE: File API: Test Facilitator and Test Suite submissions needed
- DONE: Server-sent Events: Test Facilitator and Test Suite submissions needed
- DONE: Web Messaging: status and plan of Test Suite. Lead: Alex Kuang
- Web Sockets: status and plan of Test Suite. Lead: Kris Krueger
- DONE: Web Storage: status and plan of Test Suite. Lead: Jong-Heun Lee
- DONE: Web Workers: status and plan of Test Suite. Lead: Simon Pieters
- Joint Meetings?
Agenda Monday October 29
- 09:00 - 09:30 Rearranging the room
- 09:30 - 10:00 Tweak agenda à la an unconference style meeting
- 10:00 - 11:00 PubStatus: updating Specification Status and identifying topics for further discussion
- 11:00 - 11:30 Break
- 11:30 - 12:30 See Potential Topics list (above) ...
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30 See Potential Topics list (above) ...
- 14:30 - 15:30 See Potential Topics list (above) ...
- 15:30 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 - 16:45 Web Components
- 16:45 - 17:45 File * specs: File API; File API: Directories and System; File API: Writer. Leads: Arun and EricU (remote)
Agenda Tuesday October 30
- 09:00 - 09:30 Tweak agenda à la an unconference style meeting
- 09:30 - 10:30 IME, Selectors v2, Testing
- 10:30 - 11:30 Break
- 11:30 - 12:30 Offline, AppCache, App Manifest, ...
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:00 Web Platform Docs (Doug Schepers)
- 14:00 - 14:30 Testing with James Graham
- 14:30 - 15:00 Web Driver (Simon Stewart)
- 15:00 - 15:30 Break
- 15:30 - 16:45 Testing with James Graham
- 16:45 - 17:45 Web Intents: update, status, plans, Q&A with Web Intents Task Force members. Lead: James Hawkins, Greg Billock. (May have remote participants e.g. Paul Kinlan)