This page tracks a proposal to extend schema.org's vocabulary for describing reservations. It is independent from, and complementary to, the work to add support for Actions.
Overview (extracted from the pdf)
"This proposal includes new types for describing reservations and tickets. A generalized Reservation type described, as well as subtypes for flight, train, bus, car, restaurant, event and hotel reservations. An additional type ReservationPackage is also proposed, which should be used to group complex reservations (e.g. flights with multiple legs, itineraries with a flight and a hotel) under a single item. "
Schema.org partners have agreed on a final design:
- schema, test build
- See candidate 1.0g announcement, which will now be called 1.1 when released (expected to be published March/April 2014).
See PDF for details. The core vocabulary additions/changes are, roughly:
- Thing > Reservation
- Thing > Enumeration > ReservationStatus
- Thing > ProgramMembership
- Thing > Reservation > ReservationPackage
- Thing > Reservation > EventReservation
- Thing > Reservation > FlightReservation
- Thing > Flight
- Thing > Reservation > FoodEstablishmentReservation
- Thing > Reservation > TrainReservation
- Thing >TrainTrip
- Thing > Reservation > BusReservation
- Thing > BusTrip
- Thing > Reservation > RentalCarReservation
- Thing > Product > Car > RentalCar
- Thing > Product > Car
- Thing > Reservation >LodgingReservation
The fact that Reservation and Ticket both have an "underName" property can be confusing in situations where the reservation is for a single ticket. The intent of duplicating was where multiple people are traveling under a single reservation; for example a parent with child.