This page tracks a proposal to extend schema.org's vocabulary for describing orders. It is independent from, and complementary to, the work to add support for Actions.
Overview (extracted from the pdf)
"While schema.org already supports marking up offers to sell products (pre-transaction), it does not currently provide schema for the common kinds of confirmations and notifications around orders (post-transaction):
- Describing an order that has taken place (receipt)
- Describing the delivery status of an order
This is a proposal to extend schema.org to support these use cases. "
- We have a machine-readable schema definition (thanks to Vicki Tardiff Holland): https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/ext/orders.html
- If anyone finds bugs, please record them here or post to public-vocabs...
See PDF for details. The core vocabulary additions/changes are:
- Thing > Intangible > Order
- Thing > Intangible > Enumeration > OrderStatus
- Thing > Intangible > Offer > AcceptedOffer
- Thing > Intangible > StructuredValue > PriceSpecification > ValueAddedTaxSpecification
- Thing > Intangible > Enumeration > DeliveryMethod