The Revising W3C Process Community Group is deputized by the AB to edit the W3C Process Document—which is essentially the document that governs how W3C produces standards. We prepare a revision under the AB’s guidance every year in response to issues to submit to the AC for approval.
The CG's Chair is David Singer.
- Mail list archive: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3process/
- Agenda: W3Process/Agenda
- Latest draft: Process Document Draft
- Issues: w3c/w3process GitHub
- CG home page: http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/
- CG Participants: http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/participants
- Historical: old wiki page / old issue tracker / pre-2015 minutes
- CG charter: [@TBD] Does this CG have a charter?
CG Decision Making
On 2014 June 12, Chaals proposed W3Process group use the following decision making process.
Status: under discussion
- Anyone who wants a decision declared by the CG can make a Call for Consensus (CfC).
- The CfC should be proposed in an email, with "CfC:" or "Call for Consensus" in the subject line.
- There should be a clear statement of the resolution that will be adopted, assuming it achieves consensus. I.e. there should be a literal statement.
- The time allowed for response should be at least two weeks.
- Discussion of the proposal should not be in the same thread as saying "I agree", or "I disagree", or "I abstain" - to make it easy to determine what is an actual "vote".
- At the end of the time available for response, the Chair will declare a consensus, or a large majority, if one is apparent.