TTWG January 2019 Face to Face meeting
- 1 TTWG January 2019 Face to Face meeting
- 1.1 Joining details
- 1.2 Goals
- 1.3 Minutes
- 1.4 Agenda
This page shows details of attendance and the agenda for the TTWG face to face meeting in Geneva January 2019
Thursday January 31st(08:30-17:00 CET) and February 1st 2019 (08:30-13:30 CET).
See 08:30 CET on the 31st in your time zone.
We will aim to make the days reasonably full, for example starting at 08:30 on jan 31st to allow time for arrival, setup etc and ending after lunch on Feb 1st to allow for return or onward travel, assuming all are able to make this schedule.
European Broadcasting Union
Postal Box 45
1218 Le Grand-Saconnex / Geneva
|Getting to the EBU (.pdf)|
1st day: January 31 st. This day will be a TTWG meeting but people from EBU group may join the meeting as Observers. People from EBU wanting to attend this first day should contact the TTWG Chair; Nigel or the TTWG Team contact; Thierry. Observers should also be aware of the IPR considerations that apply.
2nd day: February 01st. The morning will be a joint meeting with EBU Timed Text members and TTWG members, mainly discuss the further process and activity on the live subtitling use case and how to use EBU-TT Live and what work can be done together.
There is no fee associated with attending this meeting.
Dinner & Lunch
There will be a Working Group Diner on Wednesday evening 30th. It may also be a good idea to have dinner on Thursday Jan 31. Members of the EBU Timed Text group may also join us. Please fill doodle for both dates. Please indicate interest and availability as soon as possible.
Restaurant and location TbD.
Lunch has been requested for 12:30 on both days.
Please add your name to this table if you intend to come to this face to face meeting, and any special requirements
|Name||Arrival||Departure||Hotel||Flight info and notes||Days of attendance||Diner 30th attendance||Access/food requirements|
|Thierry Michel||.||.||.||.||Thrusday and Friday||yes||omnivore|
|Nigel Megitt||-||-||-||-||dialling in||no||-|
|Glenn Adams||29.01||04.02||Astoria||LH2384/1215||Thrusday and Friday||yes||omnivore|
|Gary Katsevman||29.01||04.02||ibis Styles Genève Palexpo Aéroport||Swiss 53||Thursday and Friday||yes||omnivore|
|Pierre-Anthony Lemieux||30.01||02.02||.||.||Thursday and Friday||.||omnivore|
|Andreas Tai||30.01||01.02||.||.||Thursday and Friday||yes||omnivore|
|Matt Simpson||30.01||01.02||.||.||Thursday and Friday||yes||omnivore|
IRC and dial-in
- dial-in details for remote participants (day 1) at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2019Jan/0000.html
- server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway at http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
All normal W3C policies and requirements apply to this meeting including:
- W3C's anti-trust and competition guidance at https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2017/antitrust-guidance
- W3C's code of ethics and professional conduct at https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/
- Produce a first draft for Timed Text future requirements
- Produce a TTWG first draft Charter revision.
Minutes from Day 1 can be found at .
Minutes from Day 2 can be found .
- complete this agenda!
Day 1 (08:30-17:00)
- Future Requirements
- TTML2 (?)
- Decide on document approach - TTML2 2nd Ed or TTML3 or both?
- If TTML3, modularisation
- How to handle externally defined style attributes that have longer time applicability
- Visit demo of live TTML contribution from Swisstext/FAB.
- WebVTT Implementation Report
- 08:30 Introductions
- 08:45 : Agenda and working model for this meeting
- 09:15 WebVTT Implementation Report
- 10:00 5 minute break
- 10:05 Begin iterating through TTWG Requirements
- The open issues in tt-reqs repository:
- 11:30 Break and SwissTxt/FAB live subtitle demo, lower level
- 11:50 Continue iterating through TTWG requirements
- 13:30-14:30 Lunch buffet
- 14:30 Continue iterating through TTWG requirements
(1500 Cyril joins)
- w3c/tt-reqs#2 Add generic CSS property functionality
- w3c/tt-reqs#15 Add embedded image support to IMSC Text Profile
- w3c/tt-reqs#16 Add support for embedded images to IMSC Image Profile
- w3c/tt-reqs#10 Support for Responsive Timed Text
- w3c/tt-reqs#12 Minor enhancements for Japanese subtitles
- w3c/tt-reqs#9 Support for Karaoke
- 16:00 w3c/tt-reqs#8 Support 3D space (360°/VR/XR) as target presentation environment
- 16:30 Wrap up of TTWG requirements review
- Considering the requirements discussions during the day, should we modularise TTML as part of the work?
- What if any changes are needed to the Charter to allow us to complete this work? (may need further discussion as part of Day 2)
- 1700 Close
Day 2 (08:30-13:30)
- Management and handling of EBU defined extensions in future
- Coordination of EBU-TT activities and TTWG activities in the future
- Overview EBU-TT standards (Compatability with TTML/IMSC?)
- Live contribution of TTML
- Case study: EBU-TT Live and the Live Interoperability Toolkit (Nigel)
- Case study: Red Bee (Matt)
- Case study: NPO (Marco) - see slides at Media: NPO_slides_2019-02-01-EBU-TT_W3C_joint_meeting.pdf
- Requirements from German Broadcaster (Andreas)
- How to take this forward: adopt EBU-defined semantics for live contribution of TTML more generally?
- Discussion of options
- 08:30 Introductions
- 09:00 EBU Extensions
- 09:30 Live contribution
- 10:30-10:50 Break
- 10:50 Live contribution continued
- 11:20 Cooperation and collaboration
- 12:15-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Close