From W3C Wiki
A session at TPAC2012.
The Social Web. Join us.
- Social, business, community goals
- Web and TV entertainment
- networking, telecomm
- search and discovery
- company communications
- mobile devices
- linked data
- academic research
- Open, not-siloed
- Cross-platform interoperable
- Privacy and social
What is Social?
- Mass communication.
- Channeled, directed communications.
- Identity-connected, access-controlled.
What are the challenges to making the Web Social?
- Identity, identity management (context)
- Inclusiveness. e.g. sites not accessible to screen-readers
- Open social graph
How can we address the challenges?
- As customers and users demanding standards-compliance from providers. IETF SCIM
- Implement independently, then standardize from the implementations. WRITE CODE.
- Identify specific use cases. "high-value". health care,
Additional thoughts on 'social' at W3C -- (subsequent discussion and thoughts)