- 1 Transition Request
- 2 Wide Review
- 3 Implementations
- 4 Patent disclosures
- 5 News Item
To: the group (optionally), the acting Director, the domain lead, W3C Comm Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is a transition request to Candidate Recommendation.
Document title, URIs, and estimated publication date
- ED: https://w3c.github.io/activitypub/
- Latest Published: https://www.w3.org/TR/activitypub/
- Target Publication: 09-05
The document Abstract and Status sections
Abstract: The ActivityPub protocol is a social networking protocol based upon the [ActivityStreams] 2.0 data format. It is based upon experience gained from implementing and working with the OStatus and Pump.io protocols.
Decision to request transition
No requirements document.
Dependencies met (or not)
See issue tags and history
Security & Privacy
Went through the checklist, thought that the answers were the same as for ActivityStreams
Issues and input
See also Socialwg/ActivityPub_wide_review.
@@@@ UPDATE: Since coming to W3C, x [https://github.com/7 issues remaining open which were questions resulting in imminent editorial updates.
@@@ UPDATE 146 issues have been opened, by or on behalf of 27 different people, 14 of whom are not in the WG.
Announcements to relevant communities:
- Blogpost to MediaGoblin community
- Email sent to MediaGoblin's campaign donors
- Reached out to Diaspora's community
- Reached out to GNU Social
- Reached out to Pump.IO's community
Discussion and presentation outside of the WG:
- Many issues filed on issue tracker
- Socialwg/ActivityPub_wide_review page has collected wide review conversations with individuals
Projects planning to implement: