- 1 Social Web WG Face to Face Meeting at MIT (F2F8)
- 1.1 Minutes
- 1.2 Venue
- 1.3 Participation
- 1.4 Participants
- 1.5 Required Reading
- 1.6 Agenda
- 1.7 Resources
- 1.8 Photos
- 1.9 Related Events
- 1.10 Premeeting Logistics
Social Web WG Face to Face Meeting at MIT (F2F8)
The Social Web Working Group's eighth face-to-face meeting is in MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA on and . Permalink: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-17
The meeting will be held at
- Both days will be in room 32-G449 (Kiva).
Participation is limited to Working Group Members (including invited experts), and registered TPAC2016 Observers.
|Name (org)||Food prefs||Arrive date||Depart date||Hotel||Flight info||Notes|
|Tantek Çelik (Mozilla)||pescetarian||2016-11-15||2016-11-19||Hyatt Regency Cambridge||UA1010 / UA1572||http://tantek.com/, https://twitter.com/t, https://github.com/tantek|
|Ben Roberts (Invited Expert)||I eat all the things||Local Commuter Rail||http://ben.thatmustbe.me/, https://twitter.com/dissolve333, https://github.com/dissolve|
|Aaron Parecki||vegetarian||Wed||Sat||Arriving / Departing||http://aaronpk.com/, [tw], [gh]|
|Amy Guy||vegan||Tue 14||Mon 28||https://rhiaro.co.uk|
|Christopher Allan Webber||vegetarian||Wed||Sat||http://dustycloud.org|
People who cannot attend the meeting should be able to participate via phone. The meeting room will have a phone and we will be using IRC like on any weekly calls (#social).
It would be useful to have a list of people who plan to participate in such a way so we can request an appropriate amount of telephone ports. Please, add your name to this list:
- Benjamin Goering (bengo)
- Sarven Capadisli (Attendance (only?) on 2016-11-18 works for me. It'd be great if LDN can be on that day)
We will use our normal conference call-in: https://www.w3.org/2015/10/social-wg-telecon
- and we may try screen sharing with http://www.screenleap.com/ (no installation required to view)
Group members who don't plan to participate may note their regrets here:
- Ann Bassetti (so sorry, cannot participate at all; moving my mom into home care)
Agenda items for the meeting. The chairs will determine a schedule for each day.
In addition to the below agenda times, we will have 15 minute mid-morning & mid-afternoon breaks that the chairs will call at a good stopping point (rather than being prescheduled).
- 08:30-09:00 Coffee, snacks, network setup, introductions
- 09:00 Agenda item scheduling
- 09:50-10:20 Group continuity / transition to SWICG
- 10:30-10:55 morning break
- 10:55-12:07 PubSub technical issues
- 12:07 LUNCH
- 13:15 PHOTO
- 13:15-15:00 Pubsub - what's left before CR beyond technical issues
- 15:00-15:30 afternoon break
- 15:30-16:30 Micropub - what's left to exit CR
- 16:30-17:00 ActivityPub - what's left to exit CR
- 17:00 End of day 1
Chairs: Tantek, Evan
- 08:30 Coffee, snacks, network setup, introductions
- 09:30 Agenda item scheduling
- 10:50-11:00 morning break
- 11:00-12:30 AS2 process open issues
- (Julien has to leave at noon)
- 12:30-14:00 LUNCH
- 14:00-15:00 Update on SWICG status and CG creation
- 15:00-16:15 AS2 what's left to exit CR
- 16:15-16:30 PubSub renaming
- 16:30-16:45 Charter extension and rechartering
- 16:45 ...
- 17:00 End of day 2
- PR transitions
- Test suite status (is complete, i.e. each feature has test(s)? if not, by when?)
- Implementation report status (how many? more than just editors? interop on all tests/features?)
- Outstanding non-editorial CR issues?
- CR transitions
- WD updates / NOTE transitions
- Group continuity / transition to SWICG
- SWICG to incubate specs that need more / broader prototyping/implementing/interop
- Charter extension (necessary for IPR reasons for PubSub)
- Recharter? (challenge with low W3C member participation)
- Free code? World peace?
- LDN on 2016-11-18 agenda.
Book a flight (if needed) ASAP!
- Airport: Boston Logan (BOS)
Book a hotel ASAP!
- Transit: Boston T - MIT/Kendall stop
- Or Taxi