From W3C Wiki

Social Web Working Group Teleconference

12 Apr 2016

See also: IRC log


cwebber, tantek, ben_thatmustbeme, eprodrom, shevski, wilkie, KevinMarks, annbass
ben_thatmustbeme, Ben Roberts


<scribe> scribenick:ben_thatmustbeme

<scribe> scribe: Ben Roberts

minutes of last week

tantek: first thing on the agenda is approval of minutes from last week


<shevski> looks fine

<shevski> +1

tantek: could people who were there last week please +1 in IRC if they look fine

<cwebber2> +1

<wilkie> +1

<ben_thatmustbeme> i was not here last week either

<bengo> +1

tantek: i think thats a fine number, and lets go ahead and declare them approved

RESOLVED: approve minutes of last week

document status

tantek: anyone who is working on document actively, if anyone has anything to add please speak up

eprodrom: i have been talking with the chairs group and we are working to clear any ... for as2
... I am working on a new editor's draft, this will be the first time doing so on my own
... aiming for an editor's draft for the end of the week and hoping to publish a WD by the next meeting

<aaronpk> hello! trying to dial in now

eprodrom: i think that all the important issues have been resolved so at this point its editorial and formatting

<wilkie> this is awesome

tantek: good luck, I believe as soon as you commit to github, it creates the editors draft automatically
... any other editors?
... aaronpk since you just joined any updates on other documents before we move on to your specific item?
... tsyesika if you have any updates, nows the time before we move on.

<tsyesika> I should have an update next week but this week for me we can move on

aaronpk: ............................

<aaronpk> shoot why isn't my sound working

<wilkie> well, you see, computers

<aaronpk> well this isn't going to work well if i can't talk

aaronpk: any one line status updates to provide us via IRC?

<aaronpk> dialing in again

<aaronpk> yeah -

<aaronpk> minor webmention updates, changelog is here

tantek: well we can at least move on to other items while waiting

Propose opening PDX F2F day 2 lunch to local socialweb/indieweb design and development community members to drop in and informally mingle

tantek: aaronpk proposed having our normally close to WG lunch to be open to the broader PDX design community on the second day
... any concerns, feedback?

<wilkie> I generally like that. if we place demos around lunch can people come to that?

bengo: it seems like a good idea, but wouldn't dinner be better?

tantek: usually dinner on the second day is informal

<bengo> fair

<cwebber2> +1 to demos around lunch

<wilkie> +1

tantek: wilkie proposed demos around lunch, can people come to that, what to others thing of that

<KevinMarks> lunch is good for nearby folks

<ben_thatmustbeme> +1

<KevinMarks> extend lunch to include demo time +1

tantek: seems to be good feedback so i don't think we need to make that a formal proposal, i think its just general feedback

Intro/demo Webmention test suite

<wilkie> we hear ya

<KevinMarks> I hear you

<KevinMarks> .rocks


aaronpk: with ispiration from, i created
... the goal is to test various pieces of the spec. there are 8 now that test various parts of webmention discovery


aaronpk: each looks like a blog post, if you can discover endpoint on it, you can post comments to it
... I plan to add more tests, i'd love for people to hammer on it and test out their webmention clients

<KevinMarks> now passes

<KevinMarks> Known is being patched by kylewm

<wilkie> oh nice

tantek: i see a lot of comments on these links you just pasted, do you have any idea how many implementations we're seeing on here?

aaronpk: its hard to tell, i'm going to suggest people comment with information about their implementations
... i see a couple of known sites, a wordpress one, one i don't recognize, one hand-rolled. looks like at least 3 or 4 sending

tantek: that looks great, people with implementations should check it out, where can we give feedback?

<eprodrom> muted

aaronpk: issues link is on the page

eprodrom: aaronpk this is creating a lot of links to other peoples sites, this could be a spam magnet, what are you doing about that?

aaronpk: it only keeps them for 48 hours now, i may curate them to have some stick.

eprodrom: how about putting no-follow, i know its a bit paranoid.
... i anticipate spamming might become an issue pretty quickly

<KevinMarks> that will give us a spam testcase

aaronpk: i would be flattered if this got spammed

<annbass> :-)

<eprodrom> +1

aaronpk: right now they auto disappear after 2 weeks but i'll drop that down after it gets real traffic
... i can add nofollow

tracking of issues

tantek: nothing pending review on tracker

other business

tantek: anything else anyone wants to bring up?

  • crickets*

tantek: okay, sounds like we are done for the day
... thank you everyone for participating

<wilkie> thanks all

<bengo> byebye

<wilkie> ben_thatmustbeme++

<annbass> thanks tantek and ben_thatmustbeme!

tantek: see you next week, same time, same channel

<Loqi> ben_thatmustbeme has 138 karma

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions