From W3C Wiki

19 Jan 2016

See also: IRC log


tantek, jaywink, dmitriz, aaronpk, sandro, Arnaud, tsyesika, KevinMarks, rhiaro


tantek: the minutes from last week hasn't been posted. I've talked to sandro and they'll be ready for next week

<scribe> scribenick: wilkie

tantek: we will postpone those to next week


tantek: leaves us with talking about the f2fes

Boston Face-to-Face

tantek: it would be good if everyone could sign-up or mark regrets for the f2f
... any questions?

is this sandro?

<ben_thatmustbeme> yes, that was

sandro: there is an indiewebcamp that is close to those dates

tantek: yes, the 14th and 15th



tantek: there is also right after the f2f, libreplanet, right?

it is 21-22

tantek: so it would be great if people want to stay for that
... that takes care of the March F2F

Portland Face-to-face in June

tantek: there was a doodle poll if anyone has the url handy?


<sandro> Social WG F2F Portland

tantek: looked like there were 2 candidate dates that people mostly said they could make
... the chairs looked and would prefer the june 7-8 dates

<sandro> +1 June 7-8 Portland

tantek: there was nobody that said they couldn't make it. if that's untrue, raise that now. otherwise, let's consider it settled

+1 june 7-8

tantek: not hearing objections

should that have been a proposal? heh


<sandro> (resolved from chairs)

tantek: one more admin item... we have a new observer in process to become IE

<tantek> Dmitri Zagidulin

thank you

dmitriz: I'm hoping to present the solid platform

sandro: we have fallen behind a little on our solid specs, so hopefully dmitriz can help with that

tantek: since we have time, we can look at tracker issues
... the agenda is short so we are falling back on the boilerplate tracker issues

<sandro> (Pretty sure I didn't use first person there. I didn't mean to.)

tantek: if there is anything last minute, raise that, otherwise we can finish the call early

sandro: if james is on the call, there is some useful discussion on AS2 moving forward

<Loqi> Tantekelik made 1 edit to Socialwg/2016-03-16

<sandro> jasnell,

tantek: if there is specific discussion items we can just bring them up
... I haven't seen jasnell show up yet
... as far as I can tell jasnell is not on the call
... so we can add that to next week's agenda

<Zakim> aaronpk, you wanted to request to add micropub FPWD to the agenda

tantek: I see aaronpk on the queue

<jasnell> sorry, forgot to send my regrets. absolutely buried this week

aaronpk: last week we had bumped the deadline for blocking issues on micropub and nobody has raised anything in the past week
... I was hoping to vote on the FPWD of micropub
... with the caveat that I would do the same type of cleanup I did for webmention
... cleaning up the more narrative parts of the current spec, etc
... either nobody bothered to look or nobody has issues

<sandro> issues list pointer?

tantek: if anybody has anything to discuss about that, queue up



sandro: I'm just glancing the issues list. it would be helpful to me if there were tags on the issues

aaronpk: sure. suggestions on a set of tags to use?

sandro: not offhand
... let me think about it and send you an email

aaronpk: perfect

tantek: would you consider that blocking?

sandro: no. that is not blocking.

<tsyesika> correct

tantek: not hearing objections I'm going to put up a proposal like we did for activitypump

<tsyesika> it's been renamed

tantek: we did rename that activitypub right? I should say that?

sandro: yeah
... any of these issues considered blocking?

aaronpk: no. not any of these

sandro: that's why tags are good so you can see those

aaronpk: yeah

<tantek> PROPOSED: Publish FPWD of Micropub


<aaronpk> +1

<sandro> +1

<ben_thatmustbeme> +1

<KevinMarks> +1

<rhiaro> +1

<tsyesika> +1

<jaywink> +0 (haven't read the spec well enough, sorry)

<ben_thatmustbeme> i think i forgot to do this

RESOLUTION: Publish FPWD of Micropub

tantek: seeing lots of +1s and no minuses let's call this resolved and publish the FPWD of micropub
... we already did this for activitypub. I remember sandro saying we should do these both at roughly the same time and now that sees doable

<tsyesika> he's not

<aaronpk> tsyesika is the editor IIRC

tantek: is cwebber2 on the phone?

sandro: i think tsyesika is coordinating today

<tsyesika> yep, sure

<tsyesika> we can do that

tantek: ok. if you and cwebber2 can coordinate then we can achieve sandro's notion to do them at the same time

sandro: and are we waiting on you, tantek, for...

tantek: heh yeah. I'm behind even cwebber2 and tsyesika on the FPWD of post-type-discovery and maybe I need a coeditor, but yeah, I'm behind a bit.

aaronpk: I probably need a day or two for cleanup and prep but by next week should be fine

<tsyesika> sounds good to me

sandro: so let's look toward tuesday

aaronpk: yeah that'll be fine

<tsyesika> sandro: yeah, sorry, me and chris were snowed under but we've got the rename

<tsyesika> done

<tsyesika> sure

sandro: tsyesika would you maybe stay after the call a bit and we can talk about that a bit

<tantek> ack

tantek: unless there are any agenda items people want to discuss, we don't have any left
... the next call is the 26th with Arnaud as the chair
... with that, let's all get back to work on our documents and implementations
... I give you back the remainder of your hour so make the best of it

thanks all

<tantek> wilkie++ for scribing!

<Loqi> wilkie has 26 karma


<ben_thatmustbeme> wilkie++

<Loqi> wilkie has 27 karma

<ben_thatmustbeme> trackbot, end meeting


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Publish FPWD of Micropub