- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Preamble
- 1.2 Admin
- 1.3 How to connect to telecon
- 1.4 Tracker and IRC
- 1.5 Use Case TF
- 1.6 GitHub Tutorial?
- 1.7 Vocabulary TF
- 1.8 Social IG Open Issues on GitHub still active?
- 1.9 Future of IG?
- 1.10 New business?
- 1.11 Next week's agenda
- 1.12 Adjourn
- 2 Minutes
Chair: Ann Bassetti Scribe: Volunteer, or first available from Scribes list Regrets: Larry Hawes
Chair to start the meeting by typing on irc:
trackbot, start meeting
Trackbot should already be on the channel but if for some reason it is not call it with the following command:
Zakim won't know what meeting it is. Just ignore it. Pick a scribe from the list or ask Zakim to pick one up with the following command:
Zakim, pick a victim
Unfortunately Zakim has no idea who's scribed before so you may have to ask several times before getting an acceptable answer...
Also, with WebEx, Zakim doesn't know who is on the call so, as people join they should record their attendance with the command: present+ <nickname>
For additional info, see the Zakim documentation page.
- Participation is limited to members
Approval of Minutes of 27 May 2015 Telecon
AnnB: one correction to the minutes should be that Guangyuan Piao and Amy Guy were also at the F2F meeting (along with Ann, elf, and Harry -- as noted in the minutes).
New Teleconference Meeting time
- Wednesdays at 15:00 UTC
which is equivalent to:
- Central Europe: 17:00
- England, Scotland, Ireland: 16:00
- Eastern USA: 11:00
- Central USA: 10:00
- Pacific USA: 8:00
How to connect to telecon
- Connect to IRC on #socialig channel (irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#socialig)
- Dial W3C's main number 1-617-761-6200 , with passcode 76244#
NOTE: We will soon move to using WebEx for the audio portion of meeting. Awaiting instructions.
Next face 2 face
- At W3C Technical Plenary, October 29-30, 2015, Sapporo, Japan
Tracker and IRC
IRC PROPOSAL: Everyone (both WG and IG members) 'hang out' in #social for daily discussions. Scribe IG meeting minutes in #socialig.
Use Case TF
- Has anyone made progress on API User Stories with Minor Objections: https://github.com/w3c-social/social-ucr/issues ?
- Did anyone find a GitHub tutorial that was useful?
- AnnB looked at the following. (Note, I cannot install "git" on my work computer. But I found these overviews instructive for background, along with the GitHub info.)
- Status on vocabularies?
From earlier agenda:
- Progress on Socialig/Vocabulary_TF#Mapping_API_User_Stories_to_Vocabulary_terms
- ISSUE-4 management of 'living' vocabularies similar to microformats.org and schema.org
- https://github.com/w3c-social/social-vocab (early experiment)
Social IG Open Issues on GitHub still active?
In the Social IG GitHub repository (https://github.com/w3c-social/social-interest), there are 9 open issues (https://github.com/w3c-social/social-interest/issues). All opened by elf, but a couple of them have some comments.
Elf, are these issues still open? Are they your personal "to-do's", or for the whole group? What are next steps for these?
Future of IG?
General discussion about goals for IG. What should be the most important contributions of this group? What are IG members empassioned to work on?
- Does anyone have new business to introduce?
Next week's agenda
- What should be on the agenda for next week's meeting?
Chair to close the meeting with the following command:
trackbot, end meeting
If you forget, trackbot will close the meeting for you when the activity dies down.
back to socialig