HTML/wg/2015-10-Agenda

From W3C Wiki
< HTML‎ | wg
Jump to: navigation, search

Media Task Force October 29-30 2015 F2F Meeting

This page is for the HTML WG Media Task Force F2F on Thu and Fri October 29-30 2015. The meeting host is Paul Cotton.

Logistics and meeting location

The F2F meeting will be held during [TPAC 2015 http://www.w3.org/2015/10/TPAC/].

Sapporo Convention Center 1-1-1 Higashi-Sapporo 6-jo Shiroishi-ku, Sapporo, JAPAN 003-0006

The meeting will start at 9:00am on Thu October 29. Please arrive at the Center before 9am to register.

IRC and Teleconference facilities

WebEx teleconference bridge:

  WebEx link
  Access code: 648 719 601
  Please, type "present+ <YourName>" in irc when joining the call.

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

  #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Specifications, Documents and References:

Media Task Force specifications

EME bugs and issues

MSE bugs

See also:

Potential Topics

MSE

  1. Information on F2F agenda (Paul)
  2. HTML WG and Timed Media WG charter status (Philippe)
    1. Proposed Timed Media WG charter
  3. MSE Heartbeat publication vs automatic publication
  4. MSE issues about normative references (Editor to lead discussion)
    1. ISSUE-10 createObjectURL() not up-to-date with File API (Jerry)
    2. ISSUE-14 Update SourceBuffer.appendStream() and related algorithms to use ReadableByteStream (Editors)
  5. Range removal cluster (Jerry)
    1. ISSUE-19 Ambiguous behaviour when running sourcebuffer.abort()
      1. Marked as "needs implementation"
      2. Bug 27980
    2. ISSUE-20 Clarify asynchronicity in duration change algorithm when reducing duration
      1. Marked as "needs implementation"
      2. Bug 27982
    3. ISSUE-23 Coded frame removal algorithm may introduce discontinuity at end of current coded frame group
    4. ISSUE-26 Per spec, no frame will be removed when changing mediasource duration
    5. ISSUE-29 Ambiguous behaviour when running the range removal algorithm
      1. Marked as "needs implementation"
      2. Bug 28877
  6. MSE issues for discussion (Editor to lead discussion)
    1. ISSUE-5 Seekable differs from non-MSE behavior (Jerry)
    2. ISSUE-15 Clarify how track buffer ranges are updated (Matt)
    3. ISSUE-16 Some of the attributes returning TimeRanges objects seem to return a new object each time the getter is invoked (Matt)
    4. ISSUE-17 Should the media element load algorithm trigger detaching from a media element? (Jerry)
    5. ISSUE-18 Should fetch algorithm failure trigger detaching from a media element? (Jerry)
    6. ISSUE-24 suspending and notifying resumption of a download for a media element fetching from a MediaSource (Editors)
    7. ISSUE-25 Ambiguous behavior with Coded Frame Processing algorithm (Matt)
    8. ISSUE-31 Require at least one block from each audio and video track in media segment definition (Editors)
    9. ISSUE-34 InvalidAccessError usage is questionable(Jerry)
  7. MSE issues to be treated as V.next feature requests (Editor to lead discussion)
    1. ISSUE-21 should buffering model be an option? (Editors)
    2. ISSUE-22 MSE does not work with Mixed Content, unlike video/audio.src= (Jerry)
    3. ISSUE-28 Support attachment (and inspection) of MediaSource to HTMLMediaElement via HTMLMediaElement.srcObject (Editors)
  8. MSE test suite status (Matt)
    1. Matt's Oct 29 update
  9. Outstanding action items
    1. ACTION-84: (really rustamk) to update uses cases and arrange for further discussion
      1. Update from Rus
      2. Jon's response - see rest of thread
  10. EME issues "to be implemented" by Editors
    1. ISSUE-11 Should MSE cause any "preload" attribute on parent media element to be ignored?(Matt)
    2. ISSUE-19 Ambiguous behaviour when running sourcebuffer.abort() (Jerry)
    3. ISSUE-20 Clarify asynchronicity in duration change algorithm when reducing duration (Jerry)
    4. ISSUE-29 Ambiguous behaviour when running the range removal algorithm (Jerry)
    5. ISSUE-34 InvalidAccessError usage is questionable (Jerry)

EME

  1. Items David would like feedback on
    1. ISSUE-68
    2. ISSUE-85
    3. ISSUE-98
    4. ISSUE-100
    5. ISSUE-102
    6. ISSUE-112
    7. ISSUE-118
  2. HTML WG and Timed Media WG charter status (Philippe)
    1. Proposed Timed Media WG charter
  3. Formal Objections
    1. EME-1
      1. This formal objection will be handled no later than when EME progresses to LC/CR.
  4. Outstanding action items
    1. [Bob Lund] ACTION-93: Get in touch with webappsec wg about the "privileged context" which is mre generic than saying https, etc.
      1. Technical discussion of this topic should occur in the proposed Technical Plenary Day session Secure communication with local network devices
  5. "Secure release" discussion with TAG
    1. ISSUE-85 - "tracked" sessions: architectural concerns pending resolution with TAG
      1. See also TAG ISSUE-73
  6. Email items that might be issues
    1. EME Initialization Data Correlation
  7. New issues since last meeting
    1. ISSUE-111 Get Supported Capabilities for Audio/Video Type: "media types" referenced before definition
      1. Proposal in Issue and marked as "needs implementation"
    2. ISSUE-112 Encrypted Block Encountered algorithm: Steps to abort playback are insufficient
    3. ISSUE-113 generateRequest() and load() should check "If the Session Close algorithm has been run"
      1. Proposal in Issue and marked as "needs implementation"
    4. ISSUE-117 Refine the definition of Distinctive Identifier
      1. Proposal in Issue and marked as "needs implementation"
    5. More recent new issues
  8. Recent EME issues with outstanding pull requests
    1. ISSUE-80 - "tracked" sessions: record of usage should track session usage, not individual key usage
      1. Pull request 87
      2. We need to get closure on Pull Request 87 so Mark can update the rest of the pull requests for ISSUEs 81, 82 and 83.
    2. ISSUE-81 - "tracked" sessions: "record of key usage" is undefined
      1. Pull request 88
    3. ISSUE-82 - "tracked" sessions: when to persist "record of key usage" is not specified
      1. blocks ISSUE-83
      2. Pull request 89
    4. ISSUE-83 - "tracked" sessions: Does "record of key usage" need not be updated each time a block is decrypted?
      1. Pull Request 93
    5. ISSUE-84 - "tracked" sessions: document usage for limiting concurrent streams
      1. Awaiting feedback from TF members. No Pull Request. Just updates to Wiki.
      2. See proposed text on Wiki
  9. "Feature request" issues
    1. ISSUE-41
      1. blocks ISSUE-53
  10. Issues with follow-up (and blocked issues)
    1. ISSUE-19 (Jerry)
      1. blocks ISSUE-14
      2. blocks ISSUE-31
    2. ISSUE-59 (David}
    3. ISSUE-75 (David)
      1. blocks ISSUE-69
    4. ISSUE-101 (David)
    5. ISSUE-105 (David)
      1. blocks ISSUE-104
      2. blocks ISSUE-106
    6. ISSUE-107 (Philippe)
      1. Resolved and marked as "needs implementation"
    7. ISSUE-108 (Philippe)
      1. Pull Request 114
      2. Pull Request 115
      3. Resolved and marked as "needs implementation"
  11. "Needs author input" issues
    1. ISSUE-68
    2. ISSUE-98
    3. ISSUE-100
    4. ISSUE-102
  12. Unclassified issues
    1. ISSUE-99 (Jerry)
    2. ISSUE-110
  13. Open Bugzilla bugs
    1. Open bugs
    2. We continue to migrate Bugzilla bugs to GitHub but the following six bugs still need to be processed:
      1. Bug 20944 (related to Formal Objection EME-1)
      2. Bug 23827
      3. Bug 26887
      4. Bug 26776 (system codes)
      5. Bug 27053
      6. Bug 27055
  14. EME issues "to be implemented" by Editors
    1. As of Oct 30 there are 21 "to be implemented" issues with 6 not yet assigned.

Other

EME open bugs and issues

MSE open bugs

Agenda October 29

Agenda October 30

  • 09:00 - 17:00 EME