HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/QueryFederation/receptor explorer
HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/QueryFederation/Receptor Explorer
The Receptor Explorer POC application allows users to navigate through a collection of receptor related information stored in several remote RDF repositories and associated web sites.
The application is implemented as a GWT-based web UI layered on top of a semantically-enabled ESB application that is implemented using VectorC's Semantic Service Bus framework. The ESB logic executes and aggregates the results from both local RDF data and SPARQL queries on several remote RDF repositories (DBPedia, DERI HCLS KB, Bio2RDF, linkedct.org).
The following navigation work-flow is supported:
- Select a receptor from the merge of the DBpedia receptor tree and SenseLab receptor tree. The DBpedia tree includes everything under http://dbpedia.org/class/yago/Receptor105608868 and the SenseLab tree includes everything under http://purl.org/ycmi/senselab/neuron_ontology.owl#Neuron_Receptor. Overlaps are computed using the SenseLab-to-DBpedia HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/QueryFederation/mappings.
- The description and image for the receptor, if available, are retrieved from DBPedia and a link to the Wikipedia page is displayed.
- The set of genes (as Entrez Gene ids) involved in the selected receptor are retrieved from DBPedia.
- The user selects one of the genes and the set of PubMed publications that reference the gene are retrieved from Bio2RDF.
- The set of clinical trials that reference the retrieved publications are retrieved from linkedct.org.