HCLSIG/LODD/Meetings/2009-06-10 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
< HCLSIG‎ | LODD‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday June 10, 2009
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: + (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie



Attendees: Anja, Jun, Matthias, Susie

Apologies: Kei, Bosse

<matthias_samwald> ScribeNick: junzhao

<junzhao> Agenda: progress on conversion of dataset

<junzhao> anja: collected new linked between tCM and other datasets

<junzhao> anja: will publish the links along with dbpedia release this Friday

<junzhao> anja: jun and I chose a high score for the mapping using Silk

<junzhao> anja: we put a use case online of esw wiki

<junzhao> anja: i need classification of the sider dataset

<junzhao> anja: the download of sider seems to contain less information than the sider web site

<AnjaJentzsch> http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/sider/

<junzhao> susie: where to find the dataset?

<matthias_samwald> aTag conversion of SIDER: http://hcls.deri.org/atag/data/SIDER_atags.html

<AnjaJentzsch> http://sideeffects.embl.de/

<junzhao> anja: Peter ansell might also have linked data of sider

<junzhao> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD/Business/PatientUseCase

<matthias_samwald> i can take over scribing

<matthias_samwald> jun: i contacted kei, anja, matthias this week

<matthias_samwald> ... the side effect terms in TCM and SIDER datasets mismatched

<matthias_samwald> ... kei helped clarify a bit

<matthias_samwald> ... we could establish indirect integration via contained ingredients

<matthias_samwald> ... we also try to use STITCH database, which contains interaction information

<matthias_samwald> ... but I am not sure if a RDF version of STITCH database is available#

<junzhao> matthias: add additional statements produced by a text mining process

<junzhao> matthias: annotations are done using entities from dbpedia

<junzhao> matthias: these entities would help with introduce interoperability between the datasets

<junzhao> susie: have you done anything with the stitch dataset?

<junzhao> matthias: I can try to take a look into and try to convert stitch into RDF

<junzhao> anja: bio2rdf has not worked on stitch yet

<junzhao> anja: I am free to help

<junzhao> jun: I am building an application to query these linked datasets

<junzhao> susie: I think it is good for help with communication with scientists

<junzhao> susie: I think the current generic uis are not appropriate to share with scientists

<junzhao> susie: would be interesting to compare traditional chinese medicine against western drugs. to compare whether they share the same targets

<junzhao> susie: use the targets as the hub to link things together

<junzhao> susie: the majority of the interlinking is done

<junzhao> anja: shall we start to work on the use case in the following?

<sstephen> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD/Questions

<junzhao> jun: are we talking about generic use cases or only patient use cases?

<junzhao> susie: you can see the company names from clinicaltrial.org

<junzhao> susie: from drugbank there is som info of MOA

<junzhao> susie: and from DailyMed there are lots of info of MOA

<junzhao> anja: dailymed-> drugbank, we can have moa

<junzhao> anja: which moa they are interested in? find other companies who are interested in that moa too

<junzhao> susie: will be interesting to compile the moa from dailymed and drugbank, although dailymed does have a lot moa info

<junzhao> susie: find the intersection between 2 companies

<junzhao> anja: I will give a try next week, and update the wiki page

<junzhao> susie: the target of a moa can be the bridging point betwen the two use cases

<junzhao> action: anja and jun will run some sparql queries for quesion 1 of http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD/Questions

<AnjaJentzsch> question 3 also

<junzhao> action: susie to go through the list of questions in the next call and update them

<junzhao> anja: the questions need to be further clarified, such as similarity

<junzhao> Agenda: discuss about dils'09

<junzhao> http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/DILS09/

<matthias_samwald> http://www.i-semantics.tugraz.at/

<matthias_samwald> http://triplify.org/Challenge/2009?v=1f9

<junzhao> susie: we should start to work on the content of the paper in the meanwhile?

<junzhao> Matthias: the deadline is 9th August 2009?

<matthias_samwald> "The descriptions should be submitted electronically via email to Michael Hausenblas with the subject Triplification Challenge Submission by August 9th, 2009."

<junzhao> anja: I will start to try to write some topics for the challenge and send it out

<junzhao> anja: and check with oktie whether we are right track

<junzhao> anja: everybody interested to pick a topic to work on

<junzhao> action: anja to set up a google doc for the challenge paper