This is a set of good practices for chairs of any type of group. This list is meant to complement the good practices specific to each group type.
See also "the Guide/HumanDimension" - dealing with People (since Working Groups tend to be full of them).
- Welcome participants and invite them to introduce themselves on the public list.
- Identity participants for various roles:
- Test managers
- Establish group policies:
- decision making
- Editorial policy
- Foster constructive communication
- List etiquette
- Remind participants of confidentiality expectations (when discussions are in Member space, for example).
- Glossary of terms (to avoid misunderstandings)
- Set expectations around meetings
- Will the group hold regular teleconferences?
- First face-to-face meeting?
- Set up or request tools and infrastructure