Fall 2015 Editing Taskforce F2F meeting
A face to face meeting of the Editing Taskforce will take place:
- Where: Paris, FR. See Venue Information.
- When: August 23–24
- Sunday 23: 10am - 6pm
- Monday 24: 9am - 6pm
- Registration is mandatory. The deadline to register was August 14. If you would like to attend and missed the deadline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org but note, places can not be guaranteed.
- Audio logistics
- WebEx Meeting Link: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m8f360aa280618755b53861941c9a44f3
- WebEx Meeting number: 641 476 129; Password: editing
- Audio connection only: +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number; Access code: 641 476 129; (this is an audio-only non WebEx option)
- IRC: #webapps; irc.w3.org:6665; (#webapps archive)
Note that the final agenda will be set each day at the beginning of the day.
- Legacy technologies: contentEditable=true and execCommand
- Make sure everybody is on the same page about what should happen to them
- What points need to be covered to create a working spec?
- Input events
- beforeInput event
- Should we add information about origin of input?
- Clipboard API
- What do we need for it to interact perfectly with execCommand and/or contentEditable=events?
- Selection API
- What do we need for it to interact perfectly with contentEditable=events?
- Dealing with bidirectional text and multiple selection ranges
Also, see open issues on Github.
Specifications, Documents, Resources
Editing Specifications and Issues:
- ContentEditable; Issues
- Content Editable True; Issues
- Content Editable Events; Issues
- Input Events; Issues
- execCommand; Issues