Please note that API and implementation of the Sequencer is similar, but not identical to the proposed TimingTextTracks. The differences should be fairly small though. The Sequencer implementation currently has no known issues and supports all the goals defined in the timing object spec.
- data-independency (not tied to specific media format)
- UI-independency (no predefined UI – custum UI == simple web development)
- precise timing (millisecond precision)
- expressive controls (suitable for a variety of media products)
- dynamic data (supports live data sources and modification of temporal aspects during playback)
- simple usage
And, not to forget, integration with timing object/shared motion enables Sequencers to take part in globally synced multi-device playback!