W3c community day @ LDK2023
Day of W3C Language Technology Community Groups
Featuring the 4th OntoLex Face-to-Face meeting
This event is dedicated to the memory of our beloved colleague and the co-organiser of the W3C Community Day, Thierry Declerck.
Date and place
Date: 12 September 2023 in Vienna (Austria), co-located at the 4th Conference on Language, Data and Knowledge (LDK 2023) as a pre-conference event.
Venue: Centre for Translation Studies, University of Vienna, Gymnasiumstraße 50, 1090 Vienna.
Format: hybrid (physical and online meeting).
Online attendance: Zoom link details for online participation and presentation:
- W3C Community Day@LDK 2023, Sep 12, 2023, 09:00 am to 06:00 pm Vienna (CEST)
- You can access the Zoom meeting with the following link: https://univienna.zoom.us/j/63727163787?pwd=RWp5bktlTWxSVE5zL3FqLzhaMmhDUT09
- You can also access the meeting via your Zoom client using the following information: meeting ID: 637 2716 3787, pass code: 875028
Although there is no registration fee, participants to this event must register online beforehand. You can find details on how to register, including a link to the registration form, at the following link. Please note that registration for this event closes on the 10th of July, 2023.
- Thierry Declerck † (DFKI, Germany)
- Christian Chiarcos (Applied Computational Linguistics, University of Augsburg, Germany)
- Anas Fahad Khan (Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale A. Zampolli, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy)
- Jorge Gracia (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Milan Dojchinovski (Faculty of Information Technology, Czech Technical University in Prague/ DBpedia Association/ InfAI, Leipzig University, Germany)
- Penny Labropoulou (Institute of Language and Speech Processing, Athena Research Center, Athens, Greece)
- John P. McCrae (Data Science Institute, National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Ireland)
- W3C Community Group Ontology-Lexica (OntoLex): https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/
- W3C Community Group Best Practices for Multilingual Linked Open Data (BP-MLOD): https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/
- W3C Community Group Linked Data for Language Technology (LD4LT): https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/
The event will consist of a number of brief status update presentations followed by open discussions. The goal is to get a good picture of the current state of the W3C Community Groups Ontology-Lexica (OntoLex), Linked Data for Language Technology (LD4LT) and Best Practices for Multilingual Linked Open Data (BP-MLOD), and to agree on future directions for the OntoLex vocabulary, community standards for linguistic annotations and language resources on the web and the development and documentation of best practices related with these. In addition, the workshop will serve as a meeting place for these communities and a place to discuss future directions for both our standards and the research community behind. The workshop will discuss the on-going development of community standards for language resources as linked data. We will review the current progress of the Ontolex group in linguistic morphology (OntoLex-Morph), corpus-based information in lexical resources and linguistic annotations on the web (OntoLex-FrAC, LD4LT), recent developments in the development of language resource and lexical metadata (LD4LT) as well as proposed initiatives for terminological and multimedia/multimodal resources and the development of best practices (BPMLOD). We will specifically discuss future directions and topics that the participating W3C Community Groups will focus on in the next years.
Speakers in parentheses, all times in CEST
Session 1 Chair: Penny Labropoulou (09:00-11:00)
- W3C OntoLex
Session 2 Chair: Jorge Gracia (11:30 - 13:00)
- W3C OntoLex / Terminology (11:30-12:30)
- Welcome + Intro (Patricia Martín, Rute Costa) (11:30-11:40)
- Module Proposals/Issues/Use Cases (Federica Vezzani, Sigita Rackevičienė, Sara Carvalho, Patricia Martín) (11:40-12:10)
- Discussion (Patricia Martín, Rute Costa) (12:10-12:30)
- W3C BPMLOD
- status of new/updated guidelines (Katerina Gkirtzou, Milan Dojchinovski) (12:30-13:00)
Session 3 Chair: Fahad Khan (14:00 - 16:00)
- W3C LD4LT
Session 4 Chair: Christian Chiarcos (16:30 - 18:00)
- Open discussion and future plans