The aim is to enable Automotive Web applications.
- 1 How to get involved
- 2 Chairs
- 3 Charter
- 4 Potential Work Areas
- 5 Meetings
- 6 Current Status/Approach/Timeline
- 7 Vehicle Data API draft proposals
- 8 Examples of Web and Auto Specs from outside the Business Group
- 9 New Automotive Web APIs -- Existing W3C Standards/Drafts plus some non-W3C draft specs
- 10 Task Forces
How to get involved
In case of further questions, please contact the following:
- Paul Boyes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wonsuk Lee <email@example.com>
- Qing An <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The chairs for the group are: Paul Boyes (W3C Invited Expert), Wonsuk Lee (ETRI) and Qing An (Alibaba)
The charter is available here
Potential Work Areas
The next face to face for the Automotive Web Platform Business Group will be at W3C TPAC in Lyon on 23 October, the Automotive Working Group is meeting 25 and 26 October there.
Calls are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month immediately following the Auto WG call. The Auto WG meets on a rotating schedule and when there is both a BG and WG call, the call is extended to one hour and thirty minutes with the time equally divided or decided based on agenda topics.
Task Forces may meet separately either on an ad-hoc basis established with participants or on a regular schedule as is the case with the joint task force on Automotive Web Payments.
F2F Meeting Minutes
- 14-15 November 2012: Automotive Workshop in Rome, Italy
- 22 April 2013: BG f2f Meeting in Barcelona, Spain
- 29 May 2013: BG f2f Meeting in Tokyo, Japan
- 17-18 March 2014: BG f2f Meeting in Santa Clara, US
- 22-23 May 2014: BG f2f Meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
- 9-10 October 2014: BG f2f Meeting in Ann Arbor, US
- 24 April 2015: BG f2f Meeting in Stuttgart, Germany
- 22 October 2015: BG f2f Meeting in Seoul, Korea
- TO DO List for early August 2014 reviewable draft
- Until End of Nov 2013 - Different editors work in parallel work on draft specs for APIs for seven functional groups:
- Starting December 2013: Work in integrated draft proposal (Intel, LG)
- Kevron and Justin are the editors, and will pull these initial core contributions into a draft proposal.
- Current Unofficial Draft
- March 17/18: Face2face meeting to go over draft proposal - Intel, Santa Clara
Vehicle Data API draft proposals
See also editor's announcement of spec in particular:
"What it's not: It is not a complete API. 99% of the vehicle data types we are working on are not yet defined."
Examples of Web and Auto Specs from outside the Business Group
- Presentation given at the W3C Automotive and Web Workshop last year about the webinos vehicle api spec
- The automotive web api spec
Excel spreadsheets of comparisons of vehicle web API specs and OBD-II
New Automotive Web APIs -- Existing W3C Standards/Drafts plus some non-W3C draft specs
Please find on this wiki page a collection of auto-relevant W3C standards and drafts (as well as other non-W3C draft specs) as a working document: /CollectionOfApis
RESTful Service Interface
Converging Auto WG VISS specification and VW Group submission