This wiki is divided into several areas to help us share, track, and organize our thoughts, proposals, and examples for extending Schema.org to effectively represent archives and their contents.
- Initial model proposal - a straw man proposal
- Alternative model proposal 1 - an alternative to the straw man, and the working draft of a proposal submitted to the Schema.org community
Proposals are roughly separated areas of description, each with potential proposals.
- Archives Collections
- Is Collectionin bib.schema.org sufficient, or do we need a subtype for an ArchiveCollection? Collections in bib.scheme.org is "A created collection of Creative Works or other artefacts", It may be inappropriate because the institutions (archives) produces and receives documents/records but no tipically collect. More than a subtype of "Collection". Perhaps a new type in "CreativeWork" to distinguish it from the rest.
- Proposed names for this new subtype of Collection:
- ArchiveCollection - Current proposal
- ArchivesCollection - (Archives being singular)
- Archive the organizations, buildings, departments, etc.
- (Coopting the proposal for an Archive LocalBusiness subtype by Dan Scott) In essence a simple subtype of LocalBusiness as per Library.
- As per thread in schema.org github issues:
- Archive to be new subtype of LocalBusiness - as per Library
- Description: "Institution with archival holdings. An Archive, or Archives, is an organization which keeps and preserves archival material and potentially makes it accessible to the public."
- Propose change to LocalBusiness description to include: "businesses may also be not-for-profit or state-owned"
- Physical location of items in a collection (including digital storage)
- See: Containers Proposal
- Description of items
- Relationships between items by subject, related persons, etc.
- Potential properties needed to describe an item in an collection
- Item types found in collections
- Candidates could include:
- Document could be a super-type for other documentish things