Silver Meeting 2019 May 15-17 in Austin TX USA
Silver Meeting at AccessU 2019
Members of the Silver Task Force and Silver Community Group who are attending or presenting at the AccessU conference on 15-17 May 2019 at St. Edwards University Austin, TX Austin, Texas are meeting in Moody 304. If you are only attending the Face to Face meeting, then registration for the conference is not required. You can come and go as you need to to attend the conference. If you want to attend sessions, please pay the conference fee.
Remote participation will be available via WebEx.
We will be working on:
Writing content for Silver
We will be writing drafts of the following WCAG 2.1 success criteria following the WCAG to Silver Outline Migration plan. These are the success criteria the Silver group have prioritized:
- Color Contrast (example of new research, merging levels) - Chuck
- Timing (example of merging levels) - Shri
- Alternative Text (different tests than true/false) Jenn and Nicholas
- Audio description - Bruce with notes from Corbb?
- 1.3.3 Sensory Characteristics (from original plain language prototype) is midrange difficultly SC https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#content-structure-separation-understanding - Amy
- 2.2.2 Pause Stop Hide(from original plain language prototype) is also a midrange difficulty SC, but is very long https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#time-limits-pause - Jeanne
The content templates are in a folder on the Google Drive. The shortened link is https://bit.ly/2JFqMMC
For each WCAG SC:
- User Needs - initial breadth
- Tests - initial breadth
- Evaluate and prioritize the difficulty (for including in FPED)
- If doable, write Methods
- If #4, write Guideline
Update Style Guide as we go.