Potential Guidelines in Silver
This page is intended to store ideas for guidelines we would like to see included in Silver. Some of these were proposed for earlier versions of WCAG but were deferred; others may be specific to Silver.
See also Potential Accessibility Guidelines from the main Accessibility Guidelines Working Group.
- Enable APIs proposal from COGA
- Use Clear Words
- Accessibility Statements. Ted Drake (Intuit) did a presentation on Accessibility Statements at CSUN 2019. EOWG has a new Accessibility Statement generator.
- Virtual Reality and Accessibility References from the APA Research Questions Task Force
- Personalization Semantics - see announcing Personalization Semantics FPWD
- Graphics and MathML
- FAST checklist is the Framework for Accessibility in the Specification of Technologies (FAST) prepared by the Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group. The goal of FAST is to describe the features that web technologies should provide to ensure it is possible to create content that is accessible to users with disabilities. The full framework references an analysis of user requirements, describes how technologies, content authoring, and user agents work together to meet these needs, and provides comprehensive guidance to technology developers.
- AR/VR requirements, especially - but not limited to - the perspective of disability disorders?
- Possible W3C work on Timed Text 3D Captions, and dynamic annotated video (danmaku)