2019 CSUN F2F Meeting
- 1 Silver Meeting at CSUN 2019 (completed - see Results section)
- 1.1 Sponsors
- 1.2 Registration
- 1.3 Remote Participation
- 1.4 Groups to coordinate with
- 1.5 Agenda
- 1.6 Other CSUN events of interest to Silver
- 1.7 Results: Presentations, Documents, Minutes
Silver Meeting at CSUN 2019 (completed - see Results section)
The Silver Task Force and Silver Community Group will meet prior to the 2019 CSUN Conference on 11 & 12 March 2019 (Monday and Tuesday) from 8:30am to 5:00pm PT. The meeting will be held at the CSUN site, the Anaheim Marriott Hotel in Room 312.
Thank you to the CSUN Center on Disabilities for providing the meeting room and to Pearson for sponsoring catering and audiovisual setup.
Please register for the meeting by 5 March 2019.
We will be meeting at 8:30AM PT (15:30 UTC) Since we will be in a different room, there is a different WebEx link.
If you cannot access the AGWG Remote Access page because you are a member of the Community Group, ask on the IRC channels #silver or #ag and we will get you the contact information.
Groups to coordinate with
Silver will organize joint meetings with the Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (AGWG).
Times are in Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).
Monday morning joint session:
- 8:30 am - noon: Silver Requirements document review with overall AG WG group
A structured working session led by Jeanne and Shawn to identify what looks good vs. what needs fixing vs. what we should remove. We'll actively recruit AG WG members who identify the need for the fixing to (outside of this session) help with the fixing. CFC to happen sometime after then, once we've incorporated feedback into the draft.
Monday afternoon Silver sessions:
- 1:00PM - 1:30 Brainstorming exercise for a permanent name for Silver
A short cognitive palate cleanser where we'll draw up a list, exclude some options that definitely don't make sense, and then have the list available for the coming naming discussions.
- 2:30 - 4:00? Status update to EO and Plain Language workshop
Joint session with EO WG.
- end of EO to end of day: Update Requirements based on the AGWG discussion
- 6:15: Team Dinner
AGWG Team Dinner
Silver group is invited to join the AGWG at a team dinner. Edit the wiki page, or email Shawn to add your name to the list so you are included in the reservation. The reservation in the name Katie Haritos-Shea for the W3C AG Working Group starting at 6:15pm on Monday, March 11th.
Coco's Bakery Restaurant 1100 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802 It is a casual down-to-earth all-day chain offering modern spins on classic American fare & fresh-baked pies. They have wine and beer. It has 4.1 stars on Google and is priced at $$. It says it is a 15 minute walk from Marriott. Eddy should be the manager that night. www.cocosbakery.com
Tuesday morning joint sessions:
AG WG Joint Session
Room 315, AG WG remote dial-in info
- Review latest Silver editor's draft with AG WG, to offer more context around where we've ended up.
- 8:30 - noon: New AG WG charter discussion
Joint discussion led by AG WG chairs in the way you likely already have planned.
Silver Working Session
Room 312, Silver remote dial-in info
- Map out how to migrate content from WCAG to Silver's prototyped Information Architecture
Tuesday afternoon Silver sessions:
- 1:00 - 2:30 Strategy and prioritization of content creation
- 3:00 - EOD: Project management definition and documentation (for now and future work)
Other CSUN events of interest to Silver
- Jeanne & Shawn present on Silver Future of Accessibility Guidelines for Web and ICT
- John Rochford presents on plain language Creating Simple Web Text for People with ID to Train AI