CSS Properties and Values API Level 1
From Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group
- 2016-06-08: ACTION-2056 Fred to review. ACTION-2057 MichaelC to review. ACTION-2058 Cynthia to review.
- 2016-06-15 MC: The features of this module seem straightforward and not inherently problematic. But how they are used in other modules might potentially be of great concern, since it might be undefined how custom properties impact non-screen representations. Unfortunately the cross references to other modules are bad so it's hard to get a sense of what the issue scope might be. There are either no accessibility concerns, or another of those cross-spec concerns coming out of this module.
- --Fred Esch (talk) 12:30, 24 June 2016 (UTC) This spec is geared toward defining custom variables which translate into properties that affect rendering.
- It would be a good research question to see if they can be adopted for accessibilty purposes. For instance could COGA use them like a media query? Could they be used in SVG to support color blind users?
- I don't see accessibility issues with the API. This is a First Public Working Draft, we might want to revisit if research shows the API might be useful for accessibility.
- 2016-07-06: Discussed 6 July 2016 APA meeting. Will send to attention of RQTF and COGA.