Web Security Interest Group
Chairs: Virginie Galindo, Gemalto; Kepeng Li, Alibaba; Ryan Ware, Intel.
W3C Staff Contacts: Samuel Weiler, Wendy Seltzer
The mission of the Web Security Interest Group is to serve as a forum for discussions on improving standards and implementations to advance the security of the Web. To participate in the group, please join the public-web-security mailing list.
The Group intends to focus its work on three categories of effort:
- Incubation: Discussing ideas for new Recommendation-track work; dispatching promising ideas to a Community Group or Task Force; proposing drafts to W3C for Working Group chartering.
- Horizontal Reviews: Assessing W3C drafts for security considerations and/or publishing questionnaires or other guidance to enable self-review by working groups.
- Web Security Incident Review: Considering reported security incidents as input, e.g., to correct patterns of error, threat modeling, and new spec development.
The group is designed as a forum for interested members of the broader Web community -- technology designers, implementors, and other interested parties -- to work toward improving specifications and implementations to advance security of the Web overall.
Interest Group Life
The IG is mainly working over the mailing list and has monthly call.
- 19 January teleconference: Thursday 19th Jan, 2017 @15:00 see details
- September 2016 TPAC F2F : Monday 19th of September @ 14:00 see details
IRC Channel: #websec