This page is an archive of the previous Group's wiki from http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki.
Test coverage for SVG Tiny 1.2 Appendix H: JPEG Support
- is a comment or note
✓ is an assertion or feature that is fully covered in the test suite
# is an assertion or feature that is partially or not covered in the test suite
- No testable statements that are not already tested by tests for the image element. JPEG in a JFIF file is tested. JPEG in other file formats (eg JPEG compressed TIFF, PICT, etc) is not required but is allowed so can't be tested for.
- The following coding processes defined by the JPEG specification [JPEG], in Table 1, section 4.11, must be supported:
# Baseline process
- test a baseline and a baseline optimised JPEG.
- test assorted subsampling schemes (4:1:1, 4:4:4 etc)
# Extended DCT-based processes (with the exception of arithmetic coding).
- test progressive JPEG. Do not test hierarchical or lossless.
# 8-bit samples must be supported. 12-bit samples may be supported, (Section 4.7 [JPEG]).
- Previous tests cover the 8-bit case.
- Test a 12-bit file (side by side 8 and 12 bit versions of the same graphic), but as an informative test. Pass if the 8bit version is shown. If 12bit is also shown, great.
- SVG Tiny 1.2 UA's should convert Y,Cb,Cr values compressed in the JPEG image to RGB as defined in the JFIF specification [JFIF] and may assume that the RGB values are sRGB.
- not actually testable in Tiny 1.2 since color management is not required. Larger profiles that build on Tiny can test this.