APA Teleconference

24 May 2023


Fredrik, janina, Lionel_Wolberger, PaulG, Roy
Gottfried, Niklaus

Meeting minutes

<janina> /join #rqtf

Agenda Review & Announcements

Roy: There is active discussion abou adding new members for a11y groups.

FAST Work Statement CfC https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2023May/0000.html

janina: There is a CFC for the FAST TF!

janina: Tweaks have been made, and some support pages need some touching up. There are even broken links to fix (not in the WS).

janina: The history of FAST started beyond long ago. The infrastructure is a bit rusty.

New APA Charter Voting Started https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/apa-wg-recharter/

janina: The APA charter that we've been working on a long time, did finally make it to the AC for voting. It is there!

janina: Vote before 20 June. A fair number have already voted.

janina: Only W3C members vote, no IEs for instance.

<Roy> I am very concerned that the group doesn't claim any formal relationship with either the work on privacy or the work on security undertaken at W3C.

<Roy> Both of these things are often difficult to make accessible, and solutions in both of these areas have often failed to take accessibility into account.

Roy: That came from membership.

janina: I would consider that a friendly amemdment, whether substantive or editorial is then a good question.

matatk: I think it would be nice to have a liaison with such a group. I would like to know what relations we have with them already.

matatk: Two concerns: 1( do we have the numbers to have a successful liaison relationship?

<PaulG> I need to step away. If I'm not back by the time of my update for CSS, there was no discussion last week that warranted our attention last week.

matatk: 2) We would like to have a successful relationship. Paul, for instance, is going to CSS and very successful about it. Projects are short-term and things to work on together. I would be concerned about having a formal liaison and then not doing things.

janina: +1 on all of that. Naming CSS as an example of success in this context is not a bad idea at all.

<Lionel_Wolberger> ./me Lionel slips quietly into the room, better late than not

janina: It may be that one of the respective groups should tap someone to liaise directly with us, a person who has some idea of what we are doing and can talk to us on our turf. We don't have all the competences needed to liaise back, maybe.

TPAC 2023 Planning

janina: We have added one requested meeting.

janina: WE have a meeting with the TAG. They are putting out guidance on a11y and we justifiably take exception to those kinds of actions.

janina: We were pinged ostensibly, perhaps however not resoundingly enough.

janina: We are moving toward another target date for TPAC.

<matatk> MAUR 2 talk Janina mentiond: https://www.w3.org/2023/05/24-rqtf-minutes.html#t03

janina: The MAUR needs updating to 2.0. Essentially media is rather much more than it used to be, and we have to reflect that in said note.

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

Roy: No new charters!

Web of Things Working Group rechartering

<Roy> - charter: https://w3c.github.io/wot-charter-drafts/wot-wg-2023-draft.html

<Roy> - issue: w3c/strategy#375

matatk: Things are moving in terms of a11y in Web of Things.

matatk: For clarification: said things are moving in the right direction.

zkaim, next item

Explicit Review Requests https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues

Scalable Video Coding (SVC) Extension for WebRTC

<Roy> - issue: w3c/a11y-request#57

<Roy> - tracking: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Video_Coding_(SVC)_Extension_for_WebRTC

Roy: There is no comment on this.

matatk: I have just updated the wiki page.

matatk: I had a look at this, and its history. I haven't had as much time to think about it as I would like, but I think we should let it go on this occasion.

matatk: We have said it si too low level.It still is low level and I think we should continue in this vein. We should approve it.

matatk: The only thing I wanted to have more time to think about is just whether it compares to the situation we had with the Compute Pressure API where we make decisions on priroitizing things which can have a11y implications.

matatk: If we do cahnge our minds in the future, we can ask them to add it.

matatk: We should go with the same result as last time: it's low level and so out of our purview.

janina: Don't block CRs unnecessarily!

A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

Roy: Nothing new here.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

RDF star WG

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 Turtle

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Service Description

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Query Language

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 XML Syntax

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Graph Store Protocol

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Update

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Query Results CSV and TSV Formats

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 Concepts and Abstract Syntax

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 N-Quads

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Query Results JSON Format

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Protocol

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 TriG

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Query Results XML Format

<Roy> - SPARQL 1.2 Federated Query

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 Schema

<Roy> - RDF 1.2 N-Triples

janina: Lisa Seeman is our Keeper of RDF.

janina: I think we should ask her to review these.

matatk: +1

Roy: There is another one!

BBS Cryptosuite v2023

<Roy> - tracker: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/BBS_Cryptosuite_v2023

<Roy> - Spec: https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-di-bbs/

Lionel_Wolberger: This is a very short spec describing how to use thte BBS library. It is not advised to write your own algorithsm in crypto.

Lionel_Wolberger: It's just how to implement the cryptography required for Verified Credentials.

janina: To quote Lionel: Run away form anyone sho says they use their proprietary encryption.

Lionel_Wolberger: Can I figure out how BBS was used? Privacy and security are completely blank here, no a11y section as well.

Lionel_Wolberger: WE may give it a pass or we can ask for an a11y section.

Lionel_Wolberger: We would want persons with disabilities to determine the use of BBS.

janina: Let's not borrow trouble. I recommend passing on this one.

Roy: This is FPWD.

janina: If they come up with something we care about, we'll care about it.

CSS Update (Paul) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

janina: Let's assume things can wait a week...

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

janina: We have some great ways of looking at open actions now.

janina: We're tracking in the APA repo on GitHub.

Task Force & Deliverables Updates

subtopic? ADAPT

janina: We are dealing with issues raised in Registry and making good progress.

janina: We are engaging with Accessible Web fvor Children CG which will be of great help.

Spoken Presentation

matatk: Still waiting for feedback. There is a general sort of leaning to a direc tion that might be acceptable to both browser vendors and AT vendors.


janina: Still working on CTAUR.

janina: We are not holding the document up.

janina: RAUR is on our plate as wel.

janina: We have the version of Zoom where it is possible to pin the ASL: interpreters so that they get spotlighted along with the speaking person. We will be updating the RAUR as a result and thanking Zoom for that and push the development further.

janina: That's kind of exciting. It was always there but not turned on by MIT.


janina: Issue after issue after issue...

janina: nAnd then there's the FAST CFC.

Other Business

janina: Roy can tell us whether its finished, but Ghurlhub *Girlhub?) should be available for everyone now.

janina: A preview of coming attractions. There are premissions issues still and so on.

be done

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 210 (Wed Jan 11 19:21:32 2023 UTC).


Maybe present: matatk

All speakers: janina, Lionel_Wolberger, matatk, Roy

Active on IRC: Fredrik, janina, Lionel_Wolberger, matatk, PaulG, Roy