XForms Users Community Group Teleconference

13 January 2023


Alain, Erik, Steven

Meeting minutes

ACTION-2325: Steven and Erik, check the new submit-ready text


Erik: Continues



[What are the actions from this?]

Steven: How to take this further.

Alain: It's a new feature. So needs research.
… it's not just a schematype issue.

Steven: We need to specify some sort of semantics for it.

Erik: It is a practical feature. In HTML it is a hint, and browsers do whatever they want with it. People are sometimes unhappy with what browsers do, lots of bugs that irritate people.
… If we had a way to say we can specify this attribute, and here is the intent...
… that might be useful

Alain: Maybe we could rename it to show it is the HTML version

Steven: We could namespace it in HTML, and we already allow that

Erik: Yes, we could do that
… we don't have precedent
… but would have the benefit of keeping the HTML things apart from non-HTML ones

ACTION: Alain to sketch out html:autocomplete

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2331 - Sketch out html:autocomplete [on Alain Couthures - due 2023-01-20].

ACTION-2329: (Steven) Check the <form/> element


Alain: I wasn't proposing a root element

Steven: So you would like it to be possible to use as a root, but not required?

Alain: Yes

ACTION: Steven to fix the defintion of the form element

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2332 - Fix the defintion of the form element [on Steven Pemberton - due 2023-01-20].


Steven: Since 1 January W3C is its own legal entity


rrsaget, make minutes

Summary of action items

  1. Alain to sketch out html:autocomplete
  2. Steven to fix the defintion of the form element
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 197 (Tue Nov 8 15:42:48 2022 UTC).


Succeeded: s/schem/schema/

Succeeded: s/SI/Si/

No scribenick or scribe found. Guessed: Steven

All speakers: Alain, Erik, Steven

Active on IRC: Steven