Personalization Task Force Teleconference

25 April 2022


Lionel_Wolberger, Matthew_Atkinson, mike_beganyi, sharon

Meeting minutes

Naming - Next steps and WAI-Adapt Overview (draft) https://deploy-preview-8--wai-personalization-standards.netlify.app/personalization/ Lionel_Wolberger]

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/WAI/personalization/

sharon: Shawn has created the above preview of updated WAI site. We need to review it.

sharon: Shawn has also included suggestions for the "tag line" / summary of the work.

Lionel_Wolberger: We need to decide on a subtitle (of the several on the preview page)—maybe do that on list.

Lionel_Wolberger: Then we have to rename the specs.

sharon: We'll need to check the content of the documents too, for additional places where the names are given.

Lionel_Wolberger: Need to address these so we can talk with COGA

sharon: There are also other documents such as the explainer.

Roy: to change the name, we will need to publish an updated working draft (WD), which means we'll need to first create an updated Editor's Draft and then run a CfC in our TF to decide to publish an updated WD.

Roy: First step: update all the naming in our GitHub repo, used for the Editor's Draft. Then run the CfC.

Roy: Then I'll handle the publication.

Lionel_Wolberger: We need to get updated slugs [URI parts] for each document too.

sharon: Think we can do one CfC to cover all the documents being updated to WDs?

Roy: We also have a short name for each document in GitHub. Do we want to change the short names?

<Roy> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/blob/main/content/respec-config.js

https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/blob/main/content/respec-config.js#L18 (specific line Roy mentioned)

Roy: The shortname is directly related to the URL of the document.

<Lionel_Wolberger> The name of the task force, personalization, which is reflected in the git repository name, will not change until we are rechartered

Matthew_Atkinson: [noted above re repo name]

Roy: yes, the repo name is tied to the TF name.

sharon: How will redirects work?

Roy: We can create a redirect if we want to change our shortName.

sharon: That'd be helpful

Lionel_Wolberger: +1

Roy: Will check on the process to be sure, but think it will be possible.

Lionel_Wolberger: We probably want to process one of the documents first, then do the rest if we think it came out OK. (Regarding URL change.)

Roy: First we need to decide if we want to change the URL for each document.

Roy: if we do, I'll check the process and change the shortName.

Lionel_Wolberger: for clarity and consistency I'd advocate for us changing the slug names [scribe note: shortNames]

Roy: I'm fine with this, but we will need group consensus.

sharon: +1

Lionel_Wolberger: Who should edit the names?

Roy: I can take all of those actions if we have consensus next week.

Matthew_Atkinson: As Roy mentioned, we'll check which of these decisions need a CfC on the APA planning call tomorrow.

akc me

Roy: Note, holiday next week.

Roy: the APA decision policy: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy

sharon: We'll need to wait until after Roy's holiday in order to ensure we have consensus anyway.

Lionel_Wolberger: The shortName also shows up as the spec's reference name in the References section, not just the URL slug.

Lionel_Wolberger: We'll add to the agenda for next time a decision on subtitle/tag line.

Content Module Implementations Status

sharon: No updates from IBM. Suggest Lionel_Wolberger pings Phill Jenkins.

sharon: We were trying to ascertain whether the team there understood the ask as being markup, or rendering.

Lionel_Wolberger: We are making enquiries as to other possibile implementors at VMWare, Amazon and Oracle.

Lionel_Wolberger: We're talking with Access Board, and making enquiries with Chrome.

sharon: We have a wiki page for implementations; can add new ones there.

<sharon> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Implementations-of-Semantics

Matthew_Atkinson: Making it clear so far that all the above are _potential_ implementors, and we're making enquiries.

Implications of issue 203 for the data-symbol attribute - https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/203

Matthew_Atkinson: We're wanting to ask Lisa about #144 (as Janina noted) and this one too?

Roy: I transfered #203 from APA, which was opened by James Craig, who's active in ARIA. I don't think this issue will block CR, we should be able to communicate the explanation for this one easily.

sharon: This was the one where we were talking about 1:1 symbols etc.

sharon: Related is #204 (next item)

Matthew_Atkinson: [redundantly mentions #204] - do we want to make a comment to link the two issues? Not sure.

Matthew_Atkinson: We'd like to ask Lisa for some input. We'll discuss this (and #144) on the APA plan call tomorrow again.

Lionel_Wolberger: We should combine some agenda items next time.

sharon: +1; the next few are related.

<Lionel_Wolberger> Discuss (a) multiple symbol values in a single markup, in addition to (b) multiple symbol value in a single rendering (e.g., multiple symbols constituting a single aggregated symbol

Issue 202 regarding Visible Indicators on 2.2 - https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/202

Matthew_Atkinson: this comes after CR in the list of priorities.

Naming - Next steps and WAI-Adapt Overview (draft) https://deploy-preview-8--wai-personalization-standards.netlify.app/personalization/ Lionel_Wolberger]

Matthew_Atkinson: Notes that we need to decide on the shortName issue (and ideally update the name in the documents) before CR.

Matthew_Atkinson: Again, we're looking into whether a CfC is needed for this; will get back to you tomorrow.

Roy: Need TF consensus and WG approval for some of the updates.

Lionel_Wolberger: Can you make the content (not shortName) edits in prepration?

Roy: Can make a PR on a separate branch, and propose that for CfC.

Planning future COGA meetings on Our Other Two Modules

Lionel_Wolberger: Blocked by the new naming.

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).


Maybe present: Roy