Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

30 Sep 2021


Rain, kirkwood, Jennie, JohnRochford, julierawe, Rachael
Lisa, Chris, Albert, E.A., Roy, Kris Anne


<Rain> scribe: kirkwood

Rain: don’t have a lot of people today
... won’t make big decisions but have quite few attendees

<JohnRochford> peachy

Mental Health group check in

Rain: mental health checkin, has been on a hiatus back on Monday

Rachael: anyone who can review articles, highly encourage people to

Rain: would a member put anouncement to post in community group

Rachael: will try to posting anouncemnt to community group to explain lit review and invite to contribute

<Rachael> Lit Review Instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XWmikm5Ein5CQ02knEJ5iGzO1YJMilTMBJ_aLVCTzs0/edit?usp=sharing

<Rachael> Lit Review form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HixNzZUXWiMBfyPjlZj0COtBkI3h1uvlxTFGIzAVngk/edit

Jennie: question about the form? using a web form

Rain: Rachael posted form in minutes

Rachael: uses standard components from google and running a quick check

Jennie: will run tomorrow with JAWS and AVDA

Rain: other aspects of accessibility it looks pretty good
... APA has requested prior to TPAC draft a work statement for mental health module.
... thats all on mental health

APA updates and anything we need to prepare to review or plan for (David)

Rain: think David is not available right now. APA has called a few things to our attention on github
... three things to review personalization of content, health support and tools

<Rain> APA personalization is asking for help with reviewing these documents:

<Rain> Content: https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/481b5425cd8c8c40ef72ae13161d84fb7ec73972/content/index.html

<Rain> Help and Support: https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/481b5425cd8c8c40ef72ae13161d84fb7ec73972/help/index.html

<Rain> Tools: https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/481b5425cd8c8c40ef72ae13161d84fb7ec73972/tools/index.html

Rain: APA asking for hlep to review these 3 items
... will reply to David and John Foltiot
... how does 2 weeks sound?

Jennie: 2 weeks makes it more likely to complete to be realistic

Rain: I’ll ask David and JF that we may need more time

Jennie: if we do decide might be helpful to divide and concur
... technical and some UX

Rain: i’ll mention David JF
... I will create a google doc? but will connect with them on expectation and then create google doc to get started

Community Group update

Rain: update on community group
... has a lot of interested members, we have had 3.5 meetings
... we have had some great insights about builiding a stronger community relationships
... based on initial meetings have gone asked about merging groups to have a meeting in different time zones
... 1 meeting 4 times a month 2 groups to accomodate time zones
... still meet two times a month.
... response has been positive not sufficient number

<JohnRochford> Appeal to egos.

Rain: want thoughts about a community chair
... still missing people who need sufficient support who are self advocats
... like to see those people who have that voice
... mental health as well need, like to see a broader range of lived experiences
... get feedback on content usable

<JohnRochford> +1

Jennie: good job Rain, think its great you are scaling back on task list

<JohnRochford> +1

Jennie: how do you invision role of chair?
... those who work insupported employment, feedback presentation to those in community group

<JohnRochford> +1

<JohnRochford> Jennie is a genius.

Jennie: if community group could put presentation together that could be reviewed and provide to some community groups to present and share

<Jennie> * Aw shucks @JohnRochford - you are too kind

Rain: have asked persons to share and have gotten good responses
... who we looking for from the chair? Jennie was asking. hoping for someone in community

Jennie: what kind of supports, make sure that someone who cochairs

<JohnRochford> What's the latest with Accessible Authentication?

<JohnRochford> What's the latest with Accessible Authentication?

Rain: i agree

Rachael: think agreed passed AA and AAA?

Rain: we did pass agreement to move forward with that but stuck on language of two

<JohnRochford> What does "passed" mean?

Rain: some concerns an AGWG

<JohnRochford> Rationale for removing it from A?

Rain: AA does not give exception for captcha
... it’s not being removed from A i think

Rachael: can try moving to A AA, we can try an make an arfument to make it A

Rochford: I would like it to be A if it goes to AAA may as well stop working on it

Rain: we are not going to get level we want into AA
... gives us a stronger foundation for WCAG 3 and truly doument in normative text
... if we don’t do it, wouldn’t demonstrate blocking, and why chose to continue working on it,

Rachael: it was best we could get to not ideal

Rochford: since AAA does mean AA is by the wayside

Rain: here is doc that Rachael moved into github what Rachael ended up working into the pull request

<Rachael> Here is the pull request: https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/2042/files if that helps

<Rain> Document that reflects what we worked on for the text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ADcHY2IIENkSAJ1VLynK5BY0WifSiGOZLx-GYKVrLMc/edit#heading=h.xddkl2r92h9l

Rain: it has two level 1 headings, don’t bother with historical in second level 1 heading
... did have to make a few changes because of differences in structure

<Rain> Document that reflects what we worked on for the text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ADcHY2IIENkSAJ1VLynK5BY0WifSiGOZLx-GYKVrLMc/edit#heading=h.xddkl2r92h9l

<Rachael> https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/

<Rachael> https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/#accessible-authentication

Rachael: it did get approved, one accesible authentication draft, second was direct link

Rain: Rochford do you have thoughts to return to
... TPAC planning

Mental Health group check in

TPAC planning update - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning

Rain: on TPAC planning Jennie know needed time on working with COGA.

Jennie: have taken info from COGA meetings and put into TP
... TPAC folder
... meeting with alvbert, putting info on slide, and adding to all current draft slides

Rain: panel for content usable on hold until next week when Lisa is back
... we have breakout sessions depending on Janina getting back next week to do schedule
... mobile task force asking to meet probably outside of TPAC meeting some time toward end of October

<JohnRochford> I may be interested in meeting with the Mobile TF.

Rain: want to get ownership of join sessions, make sure agenda works out

<Rain> Joint meetings: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning#Joint_Meetings_.26_Agendas

Rain: be there, work with represenative, put together slides and meeting itself

<JohnRochford> I may be interested in meeting with the Mobile TF.

Rain: volunteeering?

<JohnRochford> No.

<JohnRochford> Participate.

Rain: JR volunteer to participate
... personalization, APA, internationalization, research questions
... research incluive languag in research
... meeting with Silver
... ACT is another how end user testin and AI

Julie: research questions task force, can we ask about clear language, words and characters, could you explain more about that?

Rain: want to find out what to bring to them and how to bring to them

Julie: very interested in particpate in session, happy to support it

Check in with remaining sub-groups and action requests - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage

Rain: subgroup checkin items
... any clear language updates

Julie: we had small meeting on Tuesday
... John shared a lot of research papers
... trying to find granular detiails and bigger issue, why using Clear language that in context of plain language why not calling it plain language

<JohnRochford> Yes, I have something to share: Julie is so organized I asked her what is wrong with her.

<Jennie> I have thoughts about Julie's questions but want to wait until John goes first

Julie: trying to catch up

<JohnRochford> I have nothing to add to Julie's report.

Julie: want to make it clear

Jennie: having partipated in AG discussion about this topic and state of Minnesota. and how it would work. Plain language is a gov’t definition
... the 1500 word piece i am also unsure, with each agency unsure myself

Julie: want to find clear link to research

<JohnRochford> Must depart for my next meeting.

Rain: guardianship?

Jennie: might be able to find rearch in COGA that might be the place to find it 1500 words
... guardianship no update
... images hopefully designer will know tomrrow and let her know about TPAC schedule

Rain: table item 7
... don’t have too much time to dig into it, both from community group and our group, have taken a look at some of the articles
... Lisa to formalize response by end of this week?
... will ask Lisa to put in a shared place for us to contribute to
... anything else?
... we have got through critical bits, thank yuou Julie for taking it on

<Rain> RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2021/09/30 15:00:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Rain, kirkwood, Jennie, JohnRochford, julierawe, Rachael
Present: Rain, kirkwood, Jennie, JohnRochford, julierawe, Rachael
Regrets: Lisa, Chris, Albert, E.A., Roy, Kris Anne
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood
Found Date: 30 Sep 2021
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]