Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

02 Sep 2021


stevelee_, LisaSeemanKest, cweidner, kirkwood, Roy, Fazio, JohnRochford, Rain, Jennie, krisannekinney


<scribe> scribe: kirkwood

LS: start with orientation?

Rain: yes

<Jennie> Scribe page is updated with John K for today, me for next week.


Rain: morning everyone, new member Julie introduced

JR: Julie Rawe new member, work for Understood, gave feedback on draft, eager to help

LS: help pople find their way around talking about an orientation call and setting one up

Julia Raw: that would be great

Rain: i will send introduction following meeting to setup call for orientation
... Albert has been working on orienation document, will include him in that thread

Welcome Julie

[15 minutes] Check in with all sub-groups and action requests - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage

<LisaSeemanKest_> (keep intos breif - we have a big agenda!

Jennie: working on update, accessibility analyst in accessbility, assistive reseach and all types of digital accessibiliy

Jennia: updates on images subgroup

Jennie continues to update content usable, and work with John K on images

Jennie: working on font samples, Rain will be sending out display examples
... setup with designs

<Rain> kirkwood: Jennie covered guardianship and images work

Rain: moving down list to Steve:

SteveLee: working for W3C a developer at heart with editorial experience
... involoved with cognitive disabilty through work, design guide would be very useful interactive web reource have been working on that part of WAI websit hopefully
... having talked with Shawn and Heather they are happy to go ahead with left hand naviagtion

Rain: fantastic news

Roy; from China, work as team contact, support work for task force, include publication and other logistics

Rain: want to check in on email addresses

Roy: no feedback at this time

Thank you Roy

Rachael: introducing herself, co shair of AGWG work at library of congress of US, assistin mental health subgroup, meeting Monday on how to use new form to make review possible for mental health subgroup
... if you could look at mental health subgroup and look at items it would behelpful

LS: can you put link in IRC for where people can find list for research to review?

RM: I will put it in as soon as i can find it

LS: it would be good for people to read over weekend
... I am cofacilitator with Rain, facilitating since founding, accessiblity for many years, and auhor of ARIA states/roles document

RM: one action item to sheck in with you Lisa
... solution neutral list of concerns
... as soon as possible shorlly after meeting

<Rachael> This link of research to review is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XWmikm5Ein5CQ02knEJ5iGzO1YJMilTMBJ_aLVCTzs0/edit#heading=h.bc4vqyklmnk0 I am still cleaning it up

LS: ok, reviewed Help for Silver today

<Rachael> The link to the form is at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGrqJKV7RluoYrKHJN8cBJH3w9sDx7lAlAhcV0BeBTUVybkw/viewform

Rain: introducing, interact with Understood, relatively new cofacilitator
... working on TPAC planning will get to it shortly
... this is one want to keep time boxed, my comment on common objects challenge
... started with authentication flows and defining what is acceptable the word ‘common objects’ stood out
... long history after hearing COGA task force as well as AGWG and research within google and security teams and privacy with where technology is tried to revise language maybe have a AA and AAA split per Alistari
... uploading is a cognitive user test

JRawe: is there a corelation between common object and common word

Rain: no
... thinking signs and chairs etc.

Jennie: looking for documents for barriers that i’m looking for, or another method is available

Rain: tried that captcha would not be available at all

Jenni: individual could have an out option

Jennie: maybe an option could be available

Rain: AAA have to be something else

Rachael: don’t have more righ now

Rain: we are hitting up against international laws
... ask anyone who has interest in this and concerned AA AAA split to solve
... by end of weekend send comment in an email deadline end of weekend to resolve

LS: seems random of AA and AAA doesn’t seem to be based on anything, makes no sense to me
... doesn’t make sense to me that legal requirment to identify common objects anywhere
... they must have different options
... there are so many differnt ways to conform

+1 to Lisa;s point

Rain: two types of cognitive function test are avail at this time.
... having going through this it has taken lots of work
... differentiation between AA and AAA to provide those options. Those resources that government has

LS: i question thatk, is google login a way around it? i think that would conform, I am not a robot check box is much better and easy
... two very cheap free way

Rain: i am not a robot checkbox goes into captcha if there is a hack attempt

<LisaSeemanKest_> sending a link in an email to click? why is that not ok?

RM: reality is this is at go in or not go in point
... if we put it in AAA need to make to go in, with exceptions feel might go in

if AAA could be put in without exceptions

scribe: makes sense me to go in 2.3 when supported

RM: why AA AAA is in best interest of language

Rain: based on research it will not get through in AA without exceptions

LS: if case better to get something rather then nothing
... needs to be obvious that AA contais full blocks without exceptions
... we then need to be aware of total blocks language would need to be there

[5 minutes] Scribe list, please add scribe dates - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

Rain: followup with email regarding this
... please sign up for scribe

[15 minutes] TPAC planning - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning

Rain: go into TPAC planning Jennie doesn’t have updates how to work with COGA draft outline, just need more hours in day

<Rachael> +1 to more waking hours in the day!

Rain: content usable panel, user needs specifictions do do have nice panel lisa, david fazio, john kirkwood

Lisa: 3 user need from content usable, need to focus on topics on how to structure panel conversation

Rain: we have in TPAC planning with both APA and internationalization looking at mental health research APA group might help, internationlization use cases and cognitive use cases
... probably better with RQTF research question task force rather than APA and internationlization directly
... other topics for separate joing meetings

:S: think something said for research groups, do need to meet would be good

LS: there commonality of needs with internationlization no reason to ge through small task force

+1 to meeting with wider APA think they need to know

LS: they need to know us

<stevelee_> +1

Ls: think that is really important as our parent group

JK: i think we should have a joint meeting with researh questions

RM: take on getting to know us APA to share with Yanina

LS: when do we need that

Rain: within the next week or two will let Janina know about meeting with APA within 2 weeks
... send to me and i will craft a thorough, to setup a meeting

<Rain> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning

Rain: take a quick look at our palnning page and let me know if one of these joing meeting take wonership of
... three meetings confimed postiive work environment, silver, and personalization

<LisaSeemanKest_> I need a few minites also for metadata

Rain: if anyone wants to take on making some slides,

Jennie: all meetings are one hour

<LisaSeemanKest_> I am doing personalization from coga side

Jennie: how to work with COGA don’t have times yet?

Rain: no don’t have times yet
... don’t need to get mack to me now
... two weeks from now can prepare resources for these meetings

[2 mins] Chris W: tell us about Understood Town Hall on Sept. 9

[10 minutes] Reminder: ISO response - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TDPA3R1Y4hVn4Eq9NlRTZ_hg4cpd_8ZtpWoFiVuF_lk/edit

LS: ISO reahed out should be standard for meta data support for cognitive disabilites
... the answer is yes
... understanding what we’d like to have supported, the other is how, third is taxonomy
... second two are technical
... p;ersonlization TF has a module that is similar
... are we saying in meta data what we want
... number free, discalcula, plain language, help you find the content you need, if you need to know in easy to understand language would want that, that is a kind of information
... it would be really usful to take a look at the first section for what users need to be supported, from work you have done, if it is omething that your users would like there
... how do you identify which is the content you go to first

Jennie: this is exciting when do you need it

LS: for our meeting next week
... not everything, have in ther so can take ti to them on meeting on Monday its proprieatry info so can’t share
... ideally within a week. even if catiegory of what we see coming

<LisaSeemanKest_> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TDPA3R1Y4hVn4Eq9NlRTZ_hg4cpd_8ZtpWoFiVuF_lk/edit#

Rain: we are at time
... next thursday is our first community goupr one on the 9th and one on the 13th in EST evening, want to give a heads up
... Understood event should email the TF

<Rain> RRSAgent: make minutes

thanks for doing minutes I can send to group if you want?

<LisaSeemanKest_> im on the help call (I think)

<Rain> kirkwood, yes, if you can send the minutes to the group, that would be perfect, thank you!

<LisaSeemanKest_> am i in the right place?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2021/09/02 15:04:05 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Julia Raw/Julie Rawe/
Default Present: stevelee_, LisaSeemanKest, cweidner, kirkwood, Roy, Fazio, JohnRochford, Rain, Jennie, krisannekinney
Present: stevelee_, LisaSeemanKest, cweidner, kirkwood, Roy, Fazio, JohnRochford, Rain, Jennie, krisannekinney
Regrets: Albert
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood
Found Date: 02 Sep 2021
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]