09 June 2021


Daniel_Peintner, David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan, Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima
kaz, sebastian

Meeting minutes

Review minutes from last week

<kaz> June-2

any comments / objections?


Invited expert

McCool: new application from Debbie Perouli from Marquette University
… plan is to invite her to next f2f
… decide then to accept the application

Quick updates

IG Charter

McCool: IG charter expires at the end of June and need to re-Charter

Kaz: will generate a Strategy funnel issue for that purpose

McCool: draft for re-charter is the copy of the current charter

Linked Data Signatures

McCool: provide a comment on the Linked Data Signatures WG Proposed Charter

<McCool_> https://github.com/w3c/lds-wg-charter/issues/78

Smart Cities Workshop

McCool: Smart Cities Workshop take place in 2 weeks
… currently the recording started of the presentation
… however, only the head is recorded without the slides
… plan is do recording with slides

<kaz> fyi, video site for the AC meeting

McCool: shows the WoT slides

Kaz: I have to clarify the new recording proposal with the workshop chairs and program committee.


McCool: Testfest taking place this week
… identify testing gaps and create test plan for CR transition
… be aware that the TF meetings are cancelled this week


<kaz> vF2F wiki

McCool: vF2F agenda not ready yet, e.g., timing is missing by the TFs

Lagally: please plan 3h for the Architecture
… 2h Profiles and 1h Use Case

<McCool_> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Conflicts

How about invited talks?

Action: kaz to ask ITU-T SG20, ECHONET and ISO TC184/SC4 about their participation in the vF2F

MM add some times to potential talks of our liaison partners (ITU-T, ECHONET, OPC UA, etc)

in addition an open day is planned to have external talks

Lagally: some days the meetings start later, is this intended?

McCool: there seems some conflicts based on the doodle results

Publication status

McCool: we have Use Case Note updated
… Discovery is published
… TD is published


McCool: no formel response yet from ITU-T

<kaz> ITU-T SG20 liaison statement (not on the joint meeting but AI standards)

McCool: I will take care of that

Kaz will check the status with ECHONET

McCool: I plan to attend the next WISHI meeting, June 17

are some news somewhere else?

not really

TF report



Daniel: no call last time. The f2f has not a specific session, however, we can contribute in each other TF session
… Cristiano and Zolan will be availble, I will be on vacation


no call


talked about the testing

we have made some revisions and cleanups in the document

we have a good shape now


no call

Use Cases

no call


collecting TDs for testing

for discovery its a different test and it is a more live testing

there are different test like p2p, interactions, directory

Kaz: do we need VPN?

McCool: not needed, we mainly create the test report by local tests

Thing Description

merge some PRs and did some cleanup


did some progress on Profile. Hope Ben is joining next week

Publication schedule

McCool: we updated the dates of the expected publications of our documents
… for Security the plan is July
… for TD CR Transition 15 July
… also see https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Schedule


Summary of action items

  1. kaz to ask ITU-T SG20, ECHONET and ISO TC184/SC4 about their participation in the vF2F
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).