Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

06 May 2021


Albert, cweidner, Fazio, hdv, Jennie, johnkirkwood, JohnRochford_, LisaSeemanKest, Rain, Roy, stevelee

Meeting minutes

<LisaSeemanKest> Reviewing mental health issue paper and should it be a research module: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2021May/0011.html isue paper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9SJSiAT-SYDVNxBfwOe7A6VPqsmX4Ua0QT7-NrfQTA/edit#heading=h.4712banzlsuq, emain .

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

jenny, rain working on image subgroup

Rain: no updates yet. Revised version: 3 patterns, stories w/ specific images will be sent to group soon

EO vide review - 3 done so far

<johnkirkwood> I can assist with images as well, Jennie and Rain feel free to let me know if/when you are meeting

<Jennie> * copied you on the email this morning, @johnkirkwood.

<johnkirkwood> ah ;)

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Actions_Requests

Fazio, JK got comments into APA on XAUR

Guidelines subgroup on Findable help forr Silver TF is ready to go

Jenny will reach out to Jan McSorely to coordinate call

Doeres pronunciation doc relate to COGA? EA might know

Jenny: Abi had insight. Maybe ask her to

<LisaSeemanKest> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/pronunciation/90425c2688b59b8655ff9c30fbcbb6ebbbfdc72d/technical-approach/index.html

I think its part of APA's horizontal review

EA says pronunciation important for disabilities like Dyslexia

Action: Fazio reach out to APA. Ask for deadline to review

<trackbot> Created ACTION-334 - Reach out to apa. ask for deadline to review [on David Fazio - due 2021-05-13].

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WAI_Group_Coordination

<LisaSeemanKest> close item 1

<LisaSeemanKest> take up item 7

Steve: Making Content Usable Note is going through a new formatting experiment for better usability

Fazio: I do like the format Steve is demoing

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

Visual design is consistent across WAI

<johnkirkwood> +1 to icons

<Zakim> hdv, you wanted to respond to icon question

Rain: icons are important

<johnkirkwood> +1 to wayfinding issue by Rain

<LisaSeemanKest> +1 to rain

<LisaSeemanKest> the drop down navigation is good for orentation

Lisa: Objectives and Patterns cards should be distinct from each other otherwise the can be confused

<hdv> re: different colors: we do have different headings at the top

<Rain> +1 to color(+) coding to help with orientation, as well

<Rain> +1 to connecting related information to the drilled down objective pages

WAI wants to keep document structure similar across all publications. Limits our ability to cusomize Content Usable

<stevelee> https://github.com/w3c/wai-coga-design-guide/issues/12

<Zakim> hdv, you wanted to ask would there be a page for each (a) persona (b) user story?

<hdv> aclk me

<johnkirkwood> well done!

<LisaSeemanKest> close item 7

<shawn> [ very helpful input! thanks! ]

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> close item 2

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DoohB2-tREjXx7PF6sCi3jLt6OrjE1ciAb0Dcb7FgyU/edit#heading=h.jbok736otc1m

<cweidner> +1

<johnkirkwood> for the notes this link above is for the draft email

<LisaSeemanKest> close item 3


<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2021May/0003.html

<Jennie> * Are we having a meeting on May 20th? I cannot attend, imagine others may have competing items on their schedule.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9SJSiAT-SYDVNxBfwOe7A6VPqsmX4Ua0QT7-NrfQTA/edit#heading=h.4712banzlsuq

whichever has more clout

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/coga/user-research/#dyslexia

<Rachael> +1 to changing it to a research module

<Albert> +1 as well

Lisa: do we want our mental health work published as an Issue Paper or Research Module

<EA> +1 to what Rachael has just said as the coga research went all over the place

<johnkirkwood> +1 to Rachael point about it being a research module

<Rain> +1

<johnkirkwood> +1 to subgroup

<Albert> i want to as well

<cweidner> I'll sign up

<Rachael> I will as well but wont be able to start till june

<Jennie> *Have to drop. Have a good week!

<cweidner> Here's my email cweidner@understood.org

Summary of action items

  1. Fazio reach out to APA. Ask for deadline to review
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).


Maybe present: Jenny, Lisa, Steve