Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

25 March 2021


addison, Atsushi, fsasaki, Fuqiao, JcK, Richard, xfq
Addison Phillips

Meeting minutes

trackbot, prepare teleconference

Agenda Review

Action Items


Action: addison: send a note to google acrep asking for potential i18n support

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1011 - Send a note to google acrep asking for potential i18n support [on Addison Phillips - due 2021-04-01].


<trackbot> action-1004: Richard Ishida to Publish qa-direction-from-langauge for wide review -- due 2021-03-11 -- OPEN

close action-1004

<trackbot> Closed action-1004.


<trackbot> action-1007: Richard Ishida to Publish new specdev, incorporating existing prs, fixings self-links, and update tr -- due 2021-03-18 -- OPEN

close action-1007

<trackbot> Closed action-1007.


<trackbot> action-1008: Atsushi Shimono to Reply to editing charter asking for i18n in section 4.1 -- due 2021-03-25 -- OPEN

close action-1008

<trackbot> Closed action-1008.


<trackbot> action-1009: Richard Ishida to Sort out rtl named group support; ask plh to allow labels on wicg -- due 2021-03-25 -- OPEN

richard: labels have been assigned, still need to copy issue

close action-1009

<trackbot> Closed action-1009.


<trackbot> action-1010: Addison Phillips to Propose text about non-nls text in string-meta -- due 2021-03-25 -- OPEN


close action-1010

<trackbot> Closed action-1010.

Info Share

addison: meeting time reminder

<r12a> https://w3c.github.io/afrlreq/

richard: been working on proxy situation
… a bit of a plus
… the above link takes you to the African enablement home page
… that's the readme file
… links to various docs
… more user friendly landing page
… have a problem for arabic, japanese, chinese
… atsushi has found a solution I think

fuqiao: see in documents list of african there's an "edit on github"
… if new to repo may not understand, need instructions

richard: want comments on github but not edit

richard: getting a lot of suggestions about counter styles recently
… myanmar script ones that andrew is confirming
… we had cdac in india raise and issue for alphabetic for all languages
… wrote back asking for more info
… added a new one for Santali (Ol Chiki script)
… and working on rohingya. how should we handle?

addison: maybe winter? wide review?

RADAR Review


geolocation error message issue

<xfq> https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50

<xfq> https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/pull/51/files

fuqiao: here's their fix

<xfq> https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-api/#position_error_interface

<atsushi> (will back to screen shortly,,, leg became heavily numb...)

<xfq> https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50#issuecomment-803790331

jck: if they remove message, cool. if they keep it, we'll want to discuss further because we know these leak

Action: xfq: reopen geolocation 50 and add comment from working group

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1012 - Reopen geolocation 50 and add comment from working group [on Fuqiao Xue - due 2021-04-01].

richard: they should clearly state which they will do

string-meta plain strings


protocol elements

<r12a> alternatives for "plain strings"?

richard: definition of term?

jck: will try to find it

Payment Request review




<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/issues/327

add 1359 to their 327

two issues: metadata but also language negotiation

richard: keep this issue for the lang nego part
… don't try to do both




wish them luck with tc68


bury 1044


Summary of action items

  1. addison: send a note to google acrep asking for potential i18n support
  2. xfq: reopen geolocation 50 and add comment from working group
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).