IRC log of i18n on 2021-03-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:50:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:50:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-irc
14:50:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:50:55 [addison]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:50:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:51:01 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:51:01 [trackbot]
Date: 25 March 2021
14:51:12 [addison]
agendabot, find agenda
14:51:12 [agendabot]
addison, OK. This may take a minute...
14:51:22 [agendabot]
Sorry, I did not find an agenda.
14:51:52 [addison]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Mar/0022.html
14:51:52 [agendabot]
clear agenda
14:51:52 [agendabot]
agenda+ Agenda Review
14:51:52 [agendabot]
agenda+ Action Items
14:51:52 [agendabot]
agenda+ Info Share
14:51:52 [agendabot]
agenda+ RADAR Review
14:51:54 [agendabot]
agenda+ Payment Request review
14:51:56 [agendabot]
agenda+ Specdev changes
14:51:59 [agendabot]
agenda+ AOB?
14:51:59 [addison]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:52:03 [addison]
scribenick: addison
14:52:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:54:08 [xfq]
xfq has joined #i18n
14:55:02 [addison]
present+
14:58:22 [xfq]
present+
14:58:35 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18n
14:58:37 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
14:59:17 [addison]
present+ Atsushi, Fuqiao
14:59:24 [addison]
present+ JcK
14:59:30 [xfq]
present-
15:01:53 [addison]
present+ Richard
15:03:04 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:03:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Agenda Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:03:07 [addison]
agenda?
15:03:37 [addison]
agenda+ geolocation error message issue
15:03:49 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:03:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- Action Items -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:03:58 [addison]
agenda+ EPUB
15:04:08 [addison]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:05:30 [addison]
action: addison: send a note to google acrep asking for potential i18n support
15:05:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1011 - Send a note to google acrep asking for potential i18n support [on Addison Phillips - due 2021-04-01].
15:05:48 [addison]
action-1004?
15:05:48 [trackbot]
action-1004 -- Richard Ishida to Publish qa-direction-from-langauge for wide review -- due 2021-03-11 -- OPEN
15:05:48 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1004
15:05:51 [addison]
close action-1004
15:05:51 [trackbot]
Closed action-1004.
15:06:34 [addison]
action-1007?
15:06:35 [trackbot]
action-1007 -- Richard Ishida to Publish new specdev, incorporating existing prs, fixings self-links, and update tr -- due 2021-03-18 -- OPEN
15:06:35 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1007
15:06:47 [addison]
close action-1007
15:06:47 [trackbot]
Closed action-1007.
15:07:14 [addison]
action-1008?
15:07:14 [trackbot]
action-1008 -- Atsushi Shimono to Reply to editing charter asking for i18n in section 4.1 -- due 2021-03-25 -- OPEN
15:07:14 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1008
15:07:19 [addison]
close action-1008
15:07:19 [trackbot]
Closed action-1008.
15:07:40 [addison]
action-1009?
15:07:41 [trackbot]
action-1009 -- Richard Ishida to Sort out rtl named group support; ask plh to allow labels on wicg -- due 2021-03-25 -- OPEN
15:07:41 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1009
15:07:55 [addison]
richard: labels have been assigned, still need to copy issue
15:07:59 [addison]
close action-1009
15:07:59 [trackbot]
Closed action-1009.
15:08:10 [addison]
action-1010?
15:08:10 [trackbot]
action-1010 -- Addison Phillips to Propose text about non-nls text in string-meta -- due 2021-03-25 -- OPEN
15:08:10 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1010
15:08:20 [addison]
https://w3c.github.io/string-meta/#plain_strings
15:08:37 [addison]
agenda+ string-meta plain strings
15:08:43 [addison]
close action-1010
15:08:43 [trackbot]
Closed action-1010.
15:08:50 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:08:50 [Zakim]
agendum 3 -- Info Share -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:08:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:10:04 [addison]
addison: meeting time reminder
15:10:05 [r12a]
https://w3c.github.io/afrlreq/
15:10:13 [addison]
richard: been working on proxy situation
15:10:19 [addison]
... a bit of a plus
15:10:33 [addison]
... the above link takes you to the African enablement home page
15:11:00 [addison]
... that's the readme file
15:11:07 [addison]
... links to various docs
15:11:17 [addison]
... more user friendly landing page
15:11:37 [addison]
... have a problem for arabic, japanese, chinese
15:11:44 [addison]
... atsushi has found a solution I think
15:12:32 [addison]
fuqiao: see in documents list of african there's an "edit on github"
15:12:49 [addison]
... if new to repo may not understand, need instructions
15:13:17 [addison]
richard: want comments on github but not edit
15:13:47 [addison]
richard: getting a lot of suggestions about counter styles recently
15:13:57 [addison]
... myanmar script ones that andrew is confirming
15:14:15 [addison]
... we had cdac in india raise and issue for alphabetic for all languages
15:14:21 [addison]
... wrote back asking for more info
15:14:30 [addison]
... added a new one for Santali (Ol Chiki script)
15:14:47 [addison]
... and working on rohingya. how should we handle?
15:15:15 [addison]
addison: maybe winter? wide review?
15:16:30 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:16:30 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- RADAR Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:16:38 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1
15:18:35 [addison]
agenda?
15:19:19 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 8
15:19:19 [Zakim]
agendum 8 -- geolocation error message issue -- taken up [from addison]
15:19:33 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50
15:19:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:20:13 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/pull/51/files
15:20:20 [addison]
fuqiao: here's their fix
15:20:40 [xfq]
https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-api/#position_error_interface
15:20:54 [atsushi]
(will back to screen shortly,,, leg became heavily numb...)
15:22:29 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50#issuecomment-803790331
15:26:03 [addison]
jck: if they remove message, cool. if they keep it, we'll want to discuss further because we know these leak
15:26:47 [addison]
action: xfq: reopen geolocation 50 and add comment from working group
15:26:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1012 - Reopen geolocation 50 and add comment from working group [on Fuqiao Xue - due 2021-04-01].
15:27:49 [addison]
richard: they should clearly state which they will do
15:28:18 [addison]
agenda?
15:28:31 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 10
15:28:31 [Zakim]
agendum 10 -- string-meta plain strings -- taken up [from addison]
15:28:44 [addison]
https://w3c.github.io/string-meta/#plain_strings
15:31:14 [addison]
protocol elements
15:31:19 [r12a]
alternatives for "plain strings"?
15:32:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:32:04 [fsasaki]
present+
15:32:07 [addison]
richard: definition of term?
15:32:12 [addison]
jck: will try to find it
15:32:26 [addison]
agenda?
15:33:03 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:33:03 [Zakim]
agendum 5 -- Payment Request review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:33:23 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending
15:33:49 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending++label%3As%3Apayment-request
15:34:26 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1359
15:35:49 [r12a]
https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/issues/327
15:37:42 [addison]
add 1359 to their 327
15:39:00 [addison]
two issues: metadata but also language negotiation
15:39:13 [addison]
richard: keep this issue for the lang nego part
15:39:19 [addison]
... don't try to do both
15:39:46 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1357
15:41:07 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1046
15:42:53 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1045
15:52:07 [addison]
wish them luck with tc68
15:52:51 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1044
15:55:03 [xfq]
xfq has joined #i18n
15:55:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:57:29 [addison]
bury 1044
16:00:10 [addison]
Topic: AOB?
16:00:20 [addison]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:00:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/03/25-i18n-minutes.html addison
17:35:49 [addison]
zakim, bye
17:35:49 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been addison, xfq, Atsushi, Fuqiao, JcK, Richard, fsasaki
17:35:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n