Silver Task Force & Community Group

06 Nov 2020


jeanne, Lauriat, Shri, Francis_Storr, CharlesHall, KimD, srayos, sarahhorton_, Crispy, Wilco
Rachael, Todd, Peter, Bruce
Shawn, jeanne


<scribe> scribe: KimD

Meeting schedule (pre/post-feedback)

SL: Meeting schedule
... we don't have as much need to have meetings, so just meeting Tuesdays until we get feedback from FPWD.
... thoughts?

<Crispy> +1

<sarahhorton_> +1

JS: just temporary, while we're in the lull


<srayos> +1

JS: concerns from MichaelC?

MC: no major concerns

SL: next step, send it out on mailing list. People can raise concerns there. Small number of people on this call.

SJ: through December seems reasonable.

<jeanne> ACTION: send an email to the list to cancel Friday meetings in November until we have feedback from FPWD

SL: Revive when we have more to work on as a larger group.

Sub-group checkins

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page#Sub_Groups

JS: anyone from subgroups who can check in? Especially if your groups hasn't for a while

Crispy: Sarah & I met to go through error flows
... looking at functional needs, going through the functional needs
... questions for group: would like more people in the group

<CharlesHall> I can join this subgroup

Crispy: maybe having a design studio for more input - group thoughts on that?

JS: There could be IP concerns, if inviting outside experts. If they join the Silver subgroup, they have to agree to IP concerns.
... can get tricky.

MC: have to be very careful about anything not from a WG person. Flag anyone who's not in WG or CG

JS: need to fill out paperwork to join task force, W3C has a process, can take time.
... as an invited expert, then has to be approved.

<CharlesHall> or join CG: https://www.w3.org/community/silver/#

JS: approval from chairs of AGWG
... easiest process is to have people join community group, and then keep eye on who's making contributions

SH: Are there restrictions on joining the community group?

MC: agreements related to IP there, so helps cover things.

SH: So anyone can participate/join community group?

SP: Yes

MC: Can be a little more complicated

<jeanne> To join the Silver Community Group, create a W3C account (1) if you haven't already. If you have an account but have lost the password, use this link to recover your W3C password (2). The link to join the Silver Community Group (3) is near the bottom of the page, under the heading of Participants.

<jeanne> (1) https://www.w3.org/accounts/request

<jeanne> (2) https://www.w3.org/accounts/recover

<jeanne> (3) https://www.w3.org/community/silver/participants

SL: Compares diff between community group and TF

Charles: happy to join subgroup

Crispy: Question about collaboration - using base camp - are there other sanctioned ways to collaborate?

Google docs, surveys, etc.

Crispy: other tools that are ok for us?

JS: feedback for what? Publish doc to silver email list

<sarahhorton_> Please add your name and email to this document to participate in Errors subgroup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Error_Handling

JS: use [errors] in topic so easy to find them
... can also work in github
... let people use the most accessible format for them, may have to move things back and forth later.
... check with participants

Crispy: for surveys?

JS: WBS surveys, we can work with you for that. Ping Jeanne for help with that
... Anyone else to check in?

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: send an email to the list to cancel Friday meetings in November until we have feedback from FPWD

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/11/06 19:21:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: jeanne Lauriat Shri Francis_Storr CharlesHall KimD srayos sarahhorton_ Crispy Wilco
Regrets: Rachael Todd Peter Bruce
Found Scribe: KimD
Inferring ScribeNick: KimD

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: an email send

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]