16 Sep 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Michael_Koster, Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan, Michael_Lagally, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_McCool, Takahisa_Suzuki, Clerley_Silveira, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis, Ryuichi_Matsukura, David_Ezell


<kaz> scribenick: mjk

Review minutes

<kaz> Sep-9

McCool: need to fork smart city from WoT
... decided to cancel PoC calls, restart after TPAC

Quick updates

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/presentations

McCool: link to Ege's talk slides
... singapore geospatial conference last week
... summary of some sessions
... discussion of pain points around adaptation to diverse protocols

Jennifer: the online calendar is available to review and slides are available from the sessions (on request from Jennifer Lin)

<McCool> https://www.eventnook.com/event/sggeoweek2020/home

Lagally: please email the schedule for review

McCool: will add links to the meeting document
... AIOTI meeting in September
... Smart Cities Week is overlapping with the vF2F but I can make some of the sessions
... IETF109 in November - ASDF workgroup

Jennifer: planet explore conference on satellite data and Smart Cities

<kaz> http://www.planetexplore2020.com/

Jennifer: the conference is relevant to current events, e.g. wildfires on the US west coast

McCool: also discuss in the use case call
... topic including virtual sensors

Publication schedule

McCool: any changes in the schedule or delays expected?
... plugfest starts in the last week of September, could start the week before

Kaz: need a few days to get the short URL approved

McCool: we can send the request next week and publish the content the week after


<kaz> TPAC registration site

McCool: please register but the form doesn't allow multiple registrations so please register for the F2F session only, we'll cover the plugfest registration separately

<inserted> PlugFest logistics

Zoltan: filed an issue to get it fixed but don't know if or when...

McCool: need to organize the topics for the TPAC F2F agenda, need ppl to submit topics and times now

(collecting time estimates from chairs)

<kaz> Proposed topics and expected times

McCool: please (all) review the schedule and note any conflicts

Schedules and agendas for upcoming joint meetings with WoT

McCool: we can put agendas into github issues in the WoT repo
... hope to have them ready by next week

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to create issues on joint meeting agenda for PBG, MEIG and ACG

TF report out

Zoltan: Scripting: review and merges small PRs, reviewing PR on error handling

McCool: Security: reviewed and retired issues, created new issues
... Discovery: making progress but not ready for FPWD yet
... Marketing: figures' contrast still to be improved for accessibility

Call for videos

McCool: one call for a lightning talk and for the upcoming TPAC, one call for demos
... (plays the video of the proposed talk)

Lagally: can we make a separate block for privacy in the presentation, separate from discovery?
... looks mostly about discovery
... thing templates
... thingmodel

(review 2x2 diagram)

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/presentations/2020-09-WoT-Summary.pptx

McCool: we could discuss the demo video in the next (plugfest) call

<inserted> kaz: additional note on Marketing. regarding the welcome pages, Lagally and myself generated GitHub issues, also Ege is generating a list of the current resources on the wiki pages so that we can move the content to the GitHub side. we'll continue the discussion based on those points.

PoC call

McCool: separate the activity from WoT, cancelling the call for now, may restart after TPAC

TD report out

McCool: in the minutes

Arch report out

Lagally: presentation from ITU-T on gateways
... gap analysis for use case discussions
... need to follow up with Farshid, can we get a contact

McCool: can add architecture to the video, please send some material
... AOB?

<kaz> (none)

McCool: adjourn

<kaz> [PF call starts at 5mins past the hour on #wot-pf IRC channel]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to create issues on joint meeting agenda for PBG, MEIG and ACG

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/28 12:11:01 $