Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

16 Sep 2020


janina, Matthew_Atkinson, JPaton, becky, paul_grenier, Joshue108_, nicolocarp, Irfan


<scribe> scribe: paul_grenier

Agenda Review & Announcements

<janina> https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/htmlembed?src=c_0qf6nepl12m1b0r8qlgtgdaqog@group.calendar.google.com&amp;ctz=America/New_York

janina: cross-group meetings calendar
... we're about a month away from cross-group meetings

becky: you'll only see the week of Oct 12 right now

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

janina: we're still talking to wicg, of interest to Pronunciation and Personalization TFs to get something scheduled.
... the second week of TPAC, Oct 26 week, do we have enough agenda do we want to meet then?


Task Force Updates

janina: Irfan, please email Josh to schedule a meeting about the Pronunciation video work

irfan ali: *confirms*

janina: we may need to standardize around "pinning" speakers and translations in video recordings.
... Personalization is moving forward, updating documents, and prepping for cross-group meetings.

FAST Progress

MichaelC: no updates

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MichaelC: nothing new published to TR

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

CSS Update -- Amyh

<Amy_C> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/13

<Amy_C> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/560

Amy_C: request in several places for CSS property value "aural" to avoid the "off-screen hack".
... was brought up in TPAC in 2019. A draft was planned but records of the discussion or documents is blank.

janina: CSS WG discussed 1 year ago but no activity in github, we can bring this up on the TF list.

Amy_C: an effort was made in May to ping the individuals but there was no response.

becky: we could add the issue to our dashboard and have APA take a look

Amy_C: the implementations are controversial and varied and the proposal needs more discussion.

becky: we can track it for TPAC agenda

janina: there's a request for horizontal review but the FAST questionnaire wasn't appropriate (Amy to investigate)

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

janina: progress on action items?

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<becky> link to Review Request for CSS Cascading and Inheritance Level 3 in mailing list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2020Sep/0007.html

MichaelC: no new issues

Community Groups Tracking https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

janina: Becky, can we resume from last week?

becky: TNS block chain
... Media Delivery

janina: revisit

becky: Web Authn
... XSLT extensions
... recommend no need to track

janina: agreed

<Matthew_Atkinson> +1

becky: SVG Ch(ina)
... suggestion no need to track

janina: agreed.

becky: Digital Asset Standard
... revisit

<becky> https://www.w3.org/community/dascg-dfi168/

becky: Font and Text


<becky> https://www.w3.org/community/font-text/

janina: sounds like we want to track if they get active

<Matthew_Atkinson> +1 (I've encountered readability issues with thin fonts, as Paul I think mentioned, too)

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/16 16:43:32 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Matthew_Atkinson JPaton becky paul_grenier Joshue108_ nicolocarp Irfan
Regrets: Gottfried
Found Scribe: paul_grenier
Inferring ScribeNick: paul_grenier
Found Date: 16 Sep 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]