Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

26 Aug 2020


MichaelC, paul_grenier, Irfan, Matthew_Atkinson, becky, NeilS, JPaton
Nicolo, Alan
paul_grenier, becky


<janina> requested%22

<paul_grenier> scribe: paul_grenier

<becky> scribe: becky

Agenda Review & Announcements

Janina: reminder have an open call for consensus to adopt a policy to give APA and TF standing permission to update a note track doc.
... still need approval for FPWD and finalization; open until midnight eastern time
... no new announcements

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

Janina: scheduled with one group, others in process; still need to confirm time from WICG
... how best to reach out to them?

MC: community groups don't have staff contact but do have group chair
... suggest pinging WICG folks again;

Janina: suggest reaching out to TAG as well;

MC: will send names of TAG reps to Janina and Becky

Janina: planning to have some short videos: introducing APA and our work; demos from our TF on work in progress
... pronunciation has agreed to an Alexa demo video
... 2 presentations for upcoming workshops - maps and machine learning

Task Force Updates

Janina: publications coming - XUAR, and RUAR shortly - updated WD
... also making progress with Personalization, hoping to publish before TPAC

FAST Progress

MC: no progress

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: nothing new on TR

CSS Update -- Amyh

Amy: proposed css selector for pseudo role for heading was proposed; APA reviewed and feel it relates to AOM and tagged Alice; James Craig suggested closing
... https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/2
... there should only be a role selector if we make it match the true explicit role - likely to be very difficult for some time

Amy reads James craig response - See issue for full details

Amy: reviews issue history of ticket; problems listed by James were discovered during possible inplementation; that is why he is suggesting closing

Janina: seems we got a good explanation of the problem from the person/group who tried to implement

PaulG: am a bit concerned to let this go; does this really need to be normalized?

Janina: no objection to leaving it open if Paul wants to comment

PaulG: I will add a comment (resolution of this issue would benefit my work)

Amy: review css images values and replaced content module level 4; migrated from action 2055
... https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2055
... https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/10
... https://www.w3.org/TR/css-images-4
... this is still under draft status - last published in 2017
... NOT action 2055 - see https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2126

Amy updates the issue to reference the correct action

Amy: the latest editor's draft is June 2020

becky: notes that the title has changed with the lastest draft (replaced content has been removed)

Janina: When we had more CSS representation we were trying to review the CSS draft
... suggest reviewing editor's draft to see if any a11y issues

Amy: would help to have more people with CSS mindset to help review these; concerned that it is only me reviewing

Janina: we don't have the expertise in this particular area; suggest closing; annotate ticket that we haven't found anyone with expertise to review
... update the issue that we discussed on this date and will leave the review open

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

Janina: hearing no report of progress from anyone

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

MC: no new issues for our attention

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3745

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5386

MC: added new CSS text transform values for math; we agreed to track; discussions to close this in reference to another issue - which we should track

Neil: fundamental issue is what happens to text transform in general - goes beyond just Math; Some contraversey
... about how to expose text transform in general

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3856

<MichaelC> old `forced-colors` and `prefers-contrast`?

MC: css color adjust
... we wanted James Craig to sign off on this; he hasn't yet, pinged him

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/860

MC: we have pinged Leonie for her sign off on 860- haven't heard back yet

<MichaelC> App Manifest: Add accessibility section

Community Groups Tracking https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

I haven't spend any time on this

Other Business

Janina: nothing came up

be done

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/08/26 16:50:21 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/action/issue/
Present: MichaelC paul_grenier Irfan Matthew_Atkinson becky NeilS JPaton
Regrets: Nicolo Alan
Found Scribe: paul_grenier
Found Scribe: becky
Inferring ScribeNick: becky
Scribes: paul_grenier, becky
Found Date: 26 Aug 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]