Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

06 Aug 2020


Jennie, Rachael, Fazio, Abi, kirkwood, stevelee, LisaSeemanKest, Roy, 1


<LisaSeemanKest> regrets, abi,

<LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: lisa make new scibe list

<trackbot> Created ACTION-329 - Make new scibe list [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2020-08-13].

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee

staus updates - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Timelines_and_actions

LS - we have the image sub group so I'll add it

steve got confused


jennie - can we take the key docs list out to just before the actions?

review todo for next publication - https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Timelines_and_actions

ls I'll link from the schedule to the WCAG timeline docs.

Our big date is 4th sept and we will then have a couple of week to work on final changes. So publish Nov

Rachael, we may have some wriggle room depending on WCAG

michael if we decide we need to slip it's something we'll decide with WG chairs and michael , roy

Need to decide what should go in next draft.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Next_draft

steve asked about the time line - now clarified

Rachael - i feel we have plenty to so should avoid priority 2

<kirkwood> one thing was discussed that i bring to this meeting: Plain language guide: https://infohub.nyced.org/in-our-schools/operations/accessibility-and-websites/website-writing-guidelines

<LisaSeemanKest> +agenda Plain language guide: https://infohub.nyced.org/in-our-schools/operations/accessibility-and-websites/website-writing-guidelines

steve: I have a bunch of things I was thinking of doing to improve the patterns that cross priority 1 & 2 and will take us beyond Nov

Jennie if we need to do priority 2 things due it being raised as an issue

<LisaSeemanKest> do we agree with the sceulde and priorities at https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Next_.28final.29_draft_.2F_final_Note_-

jennie - in priority 1 - should we reorganise if isuses bump editorial

rachael - priority 1 items do seem to have a priority

jennie - the editorial process is tricking so might want take an early pass so done

ls: should review of images be added as P1 or P2?

jennie - venn diagram needs review, came from WG

<Jennie> +1 to venn diagram as priority 1

LS so yes make it P1


ls: update from image sub group - collecting good and bad case for each image

<Jennie> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TeSP612Z9Zf7Srojdbq0te615CE0g5wB6puCBVLXziw/edit#

here's the doc

Lisa will then make mockups to include in each objectives

54 patterns last count

lisa 2 images per objective

<LisaSeemanKest> one good and one bad

<LisaSeemanKest> not me making the mock ups

steve - some of the objectives have no text - sou would want if adding images there

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Final_edit_criteria

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/List_for_final_edit


<Jennie> Try this link for the Graphics sharing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TeSP612Z9Zf7Srojdbq0te615CE0g5wB6puCBVLXziw/edit?usp=sharing

<Rachael> +1 to https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/List_for_final_edit#Usability_Testing.2C_Focus_Groups_and_Feedback

Lest put issue from us in this week!


<kirkwood> https://infohub.nyced.org/in-our-schools/operations/accessibility-and-websites/website-writing-guidelines

<kirkwood> I wnated to make us aware of this plain language guide

Rachel - encourage you to come to Silver conformance presentation meeting

also error correct is stuck

JK - this is FYI -

<Jennie> Steve - can you try this link? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TeSP612Z9Zf7Srojdbq0te615CE0g5wB6puCBVLXziw/edit?usp=sharing

"jennie, it says Graphics for Content Usable"

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa make new scibe list

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/08/06 15:06:01 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Jennie, Rachael, Fazio, Abi, kirkwood, stevelee, LisaSeemanKest, Roy
Present: Jennie Rachael Fazio Abi kirkwood stevelee LisaSeemanKest Roy 1
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 06 Aug 2020
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]