22 Jul 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Daniel_Peintner
sebastian, kaz



<inserted> scribenick: sebastian

McCool: we should decide if the new version is backwards compatible or not


<kaz> proposed schedule

proposing to release the FPWD TD 1.1 in September

what does the group think about this?

McCool: depends on the content of the features we want to include

<kaz> [note: our Charter https://www.w3.org/2020/01/wot-wg-charter.html is available until 31 Jan 2022]

Sebastian: regarding backwards compatibility there was already a decision that TD 1.1 should be backwards compatible to TD 1.0

McCool: there may tools relying on 1.0 and may confuse developer if TD 1.1 is not compatible with the tool anymore

Kaz: agree with that

Taki: also agree with that

Daniel: agree with that, deprecated features should be addressed in TD 2.0 version
... in API there was problem with readmultipleproperties, we should clarify how to handle this in TD 1.1. Maybe remove it

McCool: not sure yet if we should remove it. for sure, it is underspecified
... there was an idea from Ben to mark readmultipleproperties as at risk and maybe remove it if there no complains

Kaz: there are examples in HTML standardizations, e.g., differences between HTML 4 and HTML 5. for the moment, we can keep the deprecated features and mark them "obsolete" or "deprecated"

McCool: we can also declare as "MAY"

Cristiano: the idea is to deprecate for now, right?

Daniel: we should discuss this in next API call on Monday

Kaz: we should generate a document on the differences between TD 1.0 and TD 1.1 first, and we need to do that if we remove deprecated features.

Sebastian: so far agreement about backwards compatibility to 1.0. There may some exceptions like for the readmultipleproperties.

Bug fixes

FPWD TD 1.1 should cover the fixes of the bugs mentioned here https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/920

OAuth2 flow

proposal to include the new OAuth2 flow usage as described here: https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/927

this PR is still in wip

McCool: in OAuth2 spec it is not recommended to use the password mode
... we have to update this in Security Best Practices document

the PR will ready for the FPWD

New terms in Data Schema

next PR which may included: https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/896

Sebastian: do not see any issues here. Will be discussed for FPWD

Cristiano: there is a related issue https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/912

scribenick: kaz

Cristiano: typo for cotentType and contentCoding
... should be contentMediaType and contentEncoding respectively

<kaz> Sebastian's comment on that

scribenick: sebastian

Sebastian: is there any objection to introduce contentMediaType and contentEncoding in data schema definition?

McCool: we should support as much possible from JSON Schema

JSON Schema spec: https://json-schema.org/understanding-json-schema/reference/non_json_data.html#id2

Sebastian: will introduce this both json schema terms in the existing PR

TD Template

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

Sebastian: would like to move the TD Template section which is currently Appendix C to the main body

McCool: we should be open for this change

Sebastian: would copy the Appendix C content to the main section
... also would put the examples

McCool: the issue of mine is whether we have a concrete use case or not
... so that we can understand the mechanism
... copying the current content as a starting point is fine

Sebastian: ok

<McCool> actually, what I meant is that I would like to be able to include URI templates for forms and security schemes in templates, but this would be a modification of the current spec...

<McCool> ... but we can start with this and propose and discuss such extensions separately

Kaz: yeah, sounds reasonable

Sebastian: btw, maybe we might want to have an additional Media Type for TD Template registered with IANA

Kaz: at the moment, personally think it might be an overkill
... would like to have wider discussion with related experts/groups

McCool: maybe we could have some quick way to identify the template
... anyway, let's create a GH issue to capture the point

<sebastian> issue were created for record https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/931

Sebastian: we should clarify which features are realistic for FPWD

Kaz: btw, we should think about our schedule in August since it's summer vacation season

Sebastian: yes, good topic for the next week
... if you have any other ideas to be included in the FPWD, please let me know

CoAP RDF update

Sebastian: talked with Carsten
... discussion during the next WISHI call on July 30

McCool: is that part of the IETF 108 meeting?

Koster: separate one

McCool: we need to send an expert to the WISHI discussion
... e.g., Ege

<sebastian> WISHI wiki page: https://github.com/t2trg/wishi/wiki/Agenda-items

Kaz: so the meeting on July 30 is only WISHI. right?

McCool: yes
... let's discuss the schedule for the next week during the marketing call tomorrow

Kaz: ok


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/07/27 03:30:15 $